Newbie diesel fella here looking to learn more about compound turbos :)

Fordy McFord

Hello everyone, i got a recommendation for this place on the topic of learning about compound turbo kits for diesels so hopefully im at the right place :D

Please do share some links if you got any about this topic, cya around!

Ah yes, i completely missed the fact that i should mention its about a rather low displacement engine, a 1.6l tdci (dv6 engine code) with 109hp and 240Nm of torque. Currently i got a gt1544v running on it but plan on changing it for a duo of gt1244vz and gt2056 in a compound design.

Sounds like a task for Leiffi haha. Not sure how many of the cornbread fed regulars around here are going to know anything about that power plant.

Sounds like a fun and fuel efficient ride. It’s a Ford Focus right?

Im missing a lot of high quality context here but yeah its a fiesta, as in ford fiesta. That tiny engine i've seen people more than double its power and the damn thing doesnt crack under pressure, or compression, whatever floats your boat :D

Is this what Comp D has been reduced to? Fiesta power? Jesus, take the wheel. :hehe:
They make as much power as a stock ISB. Might as well play. The baby Duramax appears to be a badass as well

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Come on, it cant be that bad, there's like 2l engines doing 2k hp on triple compounds, why cant a measly 1.6 do a couple hundred for funs sake :D

Oh, I'm behind ya. I just can't see why anyone would work to make any type of power and waste it on a Fiesta. :hehe:

Nobody expects it from a Fiesta. That's another neat factor. Besides life is boring without modding every engine a little!!

I have nothing productive to add. But I will be watching.

Yep, nobody expects anything from a fiesta these days :D i mentioned 1244vz and 2056 as the turbo pair prior, currently im in a process of learning the ways of compound turbos, nothing of the likes you guys are used to, rather a micro dual snail setup.

Can i ask here about my concerns about the idea or should i open a new thread somewhere else?

There are better places for this question. The problem will be finding someone that can give sound advice. But, if a good turbo guy knows the hp goalsand rpm range he can steer you towards some turbos that could work.

Start a new thread in the right sectionand you might get more veiwers.

Back