Strong 6-speed?

The G56 case will flex under high performance applications. Lazarsmith's Tork-Shield is a functional work of art which obviates case flex and can be installed with the transmission on or off the truck. Mike also offers custom internal modifications and enhancements according to your needs and budget. Check out the website or give him a call.

Just talked to him last week...right after I lost 4th and 6th. I'm looking for a low-mileage used G56 trans right now.

--Eric

The G56 case will flex under high performance applications. Lazarsmith's Tork-Shield is a functional work of art which obviates case flex and can be installed with the transmission on or off the truck. Mike also offers custom internal modifications and enhancements according to your needs and budget. Check out the website or give him a call.

Agree that it is a worthy upgrade. Unfortunately it is a PITA to deal with when you need to work on the clutch or routine service the tranny!!!

If given a choice I would pick a ZF6 every time. I have utterly abused ZF6's in my pullin truck and the only thing thats ever failed is I sheard an output shaft once on super sticky track and tried to run high range. You will not ripp a gear out of one or flex the case or any of that nonsense. And if you get the later model 750 series they have a beefier output shaft as well. The zf6 in the truck right now is a 350,000+ mile trans with wore out syncros but once in gear on the track it just rocks on down the track.

A friend of mine lost his oil cooler line on a zf6 and cooked it. He played hell finding one, the 2 tranny guys he talked to said they hardly ever see one come in for a rebuild so there aren't many cores around. That says something considering how long ford used them and how many are out there.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

4 yrs on a nv5600 in the puller....one broke input the first year. Has @60 hooks at 600hp, and 40+ hooks at 900+ hp. Busted 2 transfer cases but have yet to bust tranny. All stock too, no billet shafts. They are tough

Back