turbo for 2.6 class

Hmmmmm....
That setup looks very very familiar.

That's my setup that Ben done. It was a very nice piece. All 1/2" stainless and like he said the turbo could've been a little bigger but it was a blast to drive.

With a Suncoast auto it was quick even for being a CCLB w/a 6" lift. I believe it spooled just as quick as stock. I never noticed a difference from stock. Ben would know from the data logs the difference between the stock OBS turbo with stg3 and the s400.

I've since started my 24V P-pump cummins swap so I gave up on the Stroker build. I do believe we could've stepped up to a 67 or even a 71mm S400 and tuned some bottom end torque out of it and had a reliable 650 hp truck that could've towed.

Tony is very knowledgable tuner and can do wonders. I always used Bill @ PHP for my tuning after my DP tunes fiasco. I pinpoint those tunes to my cracked pistons with the retarded timing he had in my tunes. But I learned the hard way but the damage of cracked pistons was already done. The best tunes in the world couldn't fix them.

If you have questions get with Ben he knows the more detailed stuff of my build and sure he can help you more than I.

I've tried to get him to rebuild it whe at it but he's a cheapskate. The truck runs well for have a stock turbo but he has way way too much fuel for the stock ported turbo. Jim rosewood built the injectors.
The t4 mount leaves open a world of different turbos. We have also Discussed the s400 series turbos. I think it would be a better starting point. I think he has more than enough fuel to spin a smaller s400.

Yes I am going to upgrade the puch rods and valve springs, also intsalling head studs.... Basically I have the a full setup just shoulda went with a hybrid inj when I did mine 2 years ago... Oh well. I like the idea of a smaller s400 maybe a 466 or something like that, I would like to keep it a 2.6 class turbo if possible. Something with a 1.0 houseing...

I bought a s475 with a 2.6 race cover with an irate t4 mount and am currently looking for a set of 300cc 200% nozzles as bare min.. will be upgrading the oil system over my adrenanline hpop also, maybe a gen 3 or the new overdrive from diesel site.... i have 1/2 braided fuel lines now, will those flow enough fuel? all said and done im shooting for 550-600hp and over 1000ft-lbs

-6 will flow enough.

What exhaust side is on that turbo.
Wheel/housing.
Remember that 7.3 moves alot more than the normal diesel.
Step up a size or 2 from what you see us cummins guys run or you'll choke that big 7.3

The exhaust side is 87mm Ind 80exd , it has a .90 houseing, would it be worth trying to find a 1.10 housing?? what is the max size inj an Srp1.1 hpop would handle?

Are your injectors still hybrids or are you stepping up to a full bcode 530?
If they are still hybrids you could get away with just the Adrenaline for now.

But if you want the RPM you'll need a big set if bcodes think 400-500cc and a overdrive from Bob.

The 87 turbine flows great but might hold you back when you find some RPM. But it would sell in no time if you had to get rid of it and upgrade.

Are your injectors still hybrids or are you stepping up to a full bcode 530?
If they are still hybrids you could get away with just the Adrenaline for now.

But if you want the RPM you'll need a big set of bcodes think 400-500cc and a overdrive from Bob.

The 87 turbine flows great but might hold you back when you find some RPM. But it would sell in no time if you had to get rid of it and upgrade.

I'm looking at a set of 350cc/200% hybrid inj from full force for now... I would still like it to be a decent weekend toy, plus its still got the stock forged bottom end with a built top end.....
I was looking at the overdrive from bob, looks like a great upgrade for me, and will handle anything down the road.. I would like to read some real world opinions with people who actualy run one is all before i bite the bullwt on that one

Just posting here so I can subscribe to this thread, my cousin and I have an OBS we're planning to build into a puller as well.

Well I bought a swamps Gen3, am upgrading my turbo to a .91 turbine wheel and a 1.0 housing.. Full 321ss t4 mount. 300/200 full force hybrids. Going to run beans or gearheadauto tunes. Would love to have it lined tuned, but itd be a hike to go anywhere. Any one know of a good driveshaft setup? I have a 2 peice at the moment...

Back