Biggest wheel/tire combo that will tuck?

wilmesbm

Kind of an odd question, but I'm looking to purchase a new set of wheels and am looking for some real world experience.

I'm wanting to run a drag radial/cheater slick, but want to tuck the tire within the wheel wells as much as possible. Has anyone played with this on a 2wd that can offer any insight.

Truck is a 2wd ram 1500 with a 8 lug 2500 Dana 70. 16 inch wheel at the smallest due to the factory drum brakes still being on the truck. Thinking about something in the 30 inch range.

I swapped in a 14 bolt out of a van, or cab an chassie. I dont know exactly what it came out of, but was a good bit more narrow.

It also had smaller drums. I was able to completely tuck 10" wheels with 16 wide tires, on custom 15" wheels. 16's would be even easier.

I swapped in a 14 bolt out of a van, or cab an chassie. I dont know exactly what it came out of, but was a good bit more narrow.

It also had smaller drums. I was able to completely tuck 10" wheels with 16 wide tires, on custom 15" wheels. 16's would be even easier.

This is exactly what I wanted to hear. Any pictures? Was that with a gutted bed or the full bed?

Back