2.5 turbo rule

Read above in the red... also no one allows sideairs for 2.5....

I understand the no individual runner rule, but no side air is just stupid. As years ago this rule was in place and folks just cut off the cast intake, ported around, then welded it back on.

Of course the BOB rules don't seem to say no side air, so maybe it is just an Indiana thing.

Last edited:
I understand the no individual runner rule, but no side air is just stupid. As years ago this rule was in place and folks just cut off the cast intake, ported around, then welded it back on.

Of course the BOB rules don't seem to say no side air, so maybe it is just an Indiana thing.

Are you talking like a side draft? I figured they could run that cause its not 'individual runner'. I would kept quiet about it and ran that in the grey area when some people wouldn't think of that right away.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Are you talking like a side draft? I figured they could run that cause its not 'individual runner'. I would kept quiet about it and ran that in the grey area when some people wouldn't think of that right away.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I don't have a dog in the fight, the grey areas are what lets these classes get out of hand. I remember a few years back(as early as 2009 IIRC) Scheid was really questioning allowing side drafts in the 2.6 class. Of course they did after some folks said there wasn't anything in the rules about it, and look where it ended up, you now have full runner intakes in there. There has been talk of some folks putting a deckplate motor together for the 2.6 class, because the rules don't say anything about not allowing it.

Rules need to be clear concise and easy to tech.

10-1 odds, someone cried.

2.5 takes away aspects of what's out of hand in 2.6. Call it "2.6 minus the crazy chit".

Like I said certain rules are great, I totally get the no runner intake rule. However all someone has to do is cut off the shelf and weld it back on.

Carpenca, I was dead serious... I may or may not have been talking about rwhp. ;)

I already knew 800whp was achievable so I figured another 50-100 might get picked up this offseason & that's easily 1000fwhp territory. :D

Either way, imo its RIDICULOUS to have a 2.5 AND 2.6 class.

Carpenca, I was dead serious... I may or may not have been talking about rwhp. ;)

I already knew 800whp was achievable so I figured another 50-100 might get picked up this offseason & that's easily 1000fwhp territory. :D

Either way, imo its RIDICULOUS to have a 2.5 AND 2.6 class.

About just as ridiculous with the 2.6 and 3.0 class as they are only 200hp apart.

Back