2.5 turbo rule

s464 turbo, cast wheel, like bragg seaid 64mm inducer 90mm exducer NO MWE or map enchancement grovvers, smooth bore only! no bushed chargers either or race covers on larger charger.

Cast wheel? How are you going to tech that? What about the FMW chargers from borg, or GTX from Garrett? Who is going to pull the covers to check the 90mm exducer(which I think is smaller than the s465 is currently) My feelings are mixed on the smooth bore, limits alot of the cheaper chargers.

Im really intrested in this class to be here me and kino have discused this for a few weeks and im glad someone has brought it out to the public to see!!!!
Dont know that i would run for points but i would deffinetly make 4-6 hooks a year with this class at local pulls!

To me its still supposed to be a entry level class. I know the people already pulling will go all out and do whatever they need to to win. But what about a new guy. He's starting out the same way most of us did. Pulling his dd with a stock or possibly a s300. What's gonna make these guys wanna come back when they get 100+ feet put on them. They old 2.5 class was a lot of fun when I started. But then got carried away to what it is now. And where's it heading. Back to a 2.5 and 2.8 where it started.

Last edited:
I just don't understand the need for this class? Good grief, the stock turbo trucks are already making crazy power. Trucks up north in 2.5 class are making north of 700rwhp. That's ridiculous for an entry-level class IMO.

Mitch, If I'm not mistaken there will be a new entry class. What they had in williamstown for there street class. As far as whats legal. I don't see the problem running a t4, even a t3 2.5 is gonna make alot more power than a stock turbo. But there gonna take alot more abuse, it would be easier on the wallet in the long run like said. But thats never been a problem in pulling before, your gonna pay to play regardless. I do agree though on making rules that are easy to tech. Such as castwheel for instance. Not that I'm against a billet, but just for the sake of an arguement. Pulling a cover to tech compressor exducer is much more difficult than pulling the turbo mouthpiece to peak at the wheel. So I think you'll find alot more cheating going on if people don't think you'll be able to notice it easily. I don't have much to say because I'm not a turbo builder but thats the way I think.

ss 2.5 and 2.8 or 3.0 would make sense. That would be a good difference in the classes. All the 2.6 trucks are already setup to be able to take the bigger turbo, as are the serious workstock guys.

I havent figured out how to check the cast wheel vs. billet wheel just yet... might not be able to, just ideas. As for the outher chargers, just say nope cant run it. i know there's an s400 mount kit for duramax and powerstroke. just say in the rules, if its not an s400 you simply cant pass tech! like i seaid these are just my openions and ideas. Im not saying there perfect or that they will work.

Maybe 2.5 with no clipped wheels would be a good option? I know some have tried to contour larger wheels as an alternative to clipping the wheel, but it doesn't work near as well.

Also I dont think air/water intercoolers should be allowed in 2.5

Maybe 2.5 with no clipped wheels would be a good option? I know some have tried to contour larger wheels as an alternative to clipping the wheel, but it doesn't work near as well.

I contoured a wheel a few years back, before all of the clipping mumbo jumbo was around. It was a 3.0 and contoured it down. It was a beast to get lit, but once it lit it did ok. Definitely outdid a 2.6 straight, but wasn't as good as the 3.0.

I agree on the no air to water. What will be funny now is folks will be crying cause they can't hook their silver bullets anymore. LOL

Last edited:

Agreed no air to water aloud, aftermarket air to air? yes. big yes. Or non intercooled water injection.

Do after market intercoolers even do much on a 300 foot track?? lol Might as well go with solid rear suspension as everyone did alreaady. The turbo rule is gonna be the tough one to figure out!

Do after market intercoolers even do much on a 300 foot track?? lol Might as well go with solid rear suspension as everyone did alreaady. The turbo rule is gonna be the tough one to figure out!

I envision it will be the current 2.6 driveline config, with just some turbo/intercooler changes. Really only reason air to water got into the 2.6 class is no one really thought to put a rule in there to say they couldn't.

Back