4 Link air ride

How Bad was the price on that kit? and was it a front and rear? or just rear

It was a rear kit that a customer baught used. He told me their rear kit is like $3200. I'm sure a guy can build a set up like it way cheaper, just don't keep track of your time. I plan on putting air ride and an eaton rear axle in my 95 this winter. Here are pics of their kit. It did utilize ping tanks too, and this truck rode like a dream. I was really surprised.

IMG_0422-1.jpg

IMG_0423-1.jpg

IMG_0424-1.jpg

Here's something I've been wondering since I installed this kit. Are the ping tanks necessary? Semi's don't run them and seem to be fine. Am I missing something there?

It was a rear kit that a customer baught used. He told me their rear kit is like $3200. I'm sure a guy can build a set up like it way cheaper, just don't keep track of your time. I plan on putting air ride and an eaton rear axle in my 95 this winter. Here are pics of their kit. It did utilize ping tanks too, and this truck rode like a dream. I was really surprised.

Dang $3200 thats a good little chunk.does the guy tow with it? and if so do you have a Airbag part #?
Also what did he do for a air compressor?

I am still trying to figure out what they are for also

Different air bags have different natural frequencies. Generally, the taller the bag the softer it is. Ping tanks try to increase the bag volume, making them softer. Some of the air suspensions in these pictures use darn short bags, which generally make for a harsh ride. Air bags can be just as harsh or even worse than leaf springs if they are used improperly.

"Semis" don't have them because generally they were designed to use tall air bags.

Most of this is explained in the threads I've done over on that other website.

Dang $3200 thats a good little chunk.does the guy tow with it? and if so do you have a Airbag part #?
Also what did he do for a air compressor?

This guy purchased the whole rear kit with air tanks and compressor for $1500. I didn't get air bag part numbers, but I can. I know where the truck lives. LOL The air comp was a VIAIR, I don't remember what CFM though. This one did have tall bags. I can see short bags making hard ride. not very much volume in them so they'd be rock hard like semi cab suspension bags.

Different air bags have different natural frequencies. Generally, the taller the bag the softer it is. Ping tanks try to increase the bag volume, making them softer. Some of the air suspensions in these pictures use darn short bags, which generally make for a harsh ride. Air bags can be just as harsh or even worse than leaf springs if they are used improperly.

"Semis" don't have them because generally they were designed to use tall air bags.

Most of this is explained in the threads I've done over on that other website.
ok so they are generally like a accumlator setup just making the volume greater
Gotcha

This guy purchased the whole rear kit with air tanks and compressor for $1500. I didn't get air bag part numbers, but I can. I know where the truck lives. LOL The air comp was a VIAIR, I don't remember what CFM though. This one did have tall bags. I can see short bags making hard ride. not very much volume in them so they'd be rock hard like semi cab suspension bags.
Thats not bad at all for a price.
My plans are to run Viair.I already have one of their compressors on my farm truck and having avalible air at all times it nice.Since I only have one fuel tank I can utlize the other fuel door for air chuck hook up. My ? is Does the guy tow?if so alot or what equipment wise?If yes I would appreciate bag part#s.
thanks
Chase

Ive seen motocross bikes with something similar.. little air tanks hanging off the top of the forks. Only thing Id worry about is the restriction of the line between the bag and the tank. The size of the line might function like the pneumatic equivalent of a damping adjustment.

The size of the line might function like the pneumatic equivalent of a damping adjustment.
Nope, it won't.

It will make them soft when you put a load on and harsh going over small bumps. The opposite of what you want.

This is the one that the compony make that my brother works at.I was going to call and see if they would make them in eny lengh you want but I droped the ball and forgot.It is hell; to get old and forgetful.
1349483556.jpg

Dale

We ran a reverse cantilever 4 link on an s10. Excellent for height adjustment but changed the braking dynamic of the vehicle to the point it was problematic. The rearward facing links affectively lift the rear of chassis during braking lengthening braking distances. Im sure there are other factors involved but that is what i remember. Just if anyone was considering.

I have wanted to see a 3 link setup similar to that red underaxle setup. This seems ideal as a retrofit.

Me2 have you got any online references i can read through about the frequency rates you mentioned?
Sent from my MB860

I also think the ping tank could be tuned with dual supplies, check valves and fixed orifices if one took their time to tune.

Sent from my MB860

Back