Banks charge tube mod

HurtMan

Was reading a magazine and notice a ad for a Banks Boost tube upgrade. The OEM tube is 2.5 inches and the replacement is 3". Has anybody tryed one of these $165 upgrades ? What gains did you see ad says lower EGT's and quicker spool up ? Would really like some thoughts and opinion please

A few have tried it and said they have noticed some difference. I should have mine end of the week so we'll see

Here's what they look like next to each other:

boosttube1.jpg

boosttube2.jpg

Made my own from the turbo to the IC. I made a few other changes at the same time, so I don't have a before/after. I would think less restriction should be better then the 2.5"

Attachments

• IC 002.jpg
    IC 002.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IC 001.jpg
    IC 001.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 18
Only problem I had was my pcv reroute from Burkhard. I had the hose routed behind the elec connectors. A simple reroute to the front of them and all was good. Here we go :

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
OK what did you find out ? By the way does anyone have the suncoast kit for the overdrive ? On my 05 I can not use a banks programer , I may have to take it off when I start traveling with the 5 wheel I have approx 135,000 on the motor so I will be trying to help the power . Thanks look forward to hearing from all of you .:Cheer::rockwoot:

I think it did help with throttle response a little bit. I'll have to relocate my boost guage so I won't know of a change there till I do that. Not sure on the egt's as I haven't ran mine that hard since the install. It does cool down a little faster now but I've been doing a couple other things that would help that also.

Back