Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > Turbo Performance Products
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 12:09 PM   #1
Turbo Performance

Name: Turbo Performance
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
New Product! Manifold Blanket

Here's my new manifold blanket I just released. It's made of the same material the Turbo Sock is made out of, 3 layers on top and bottom of 1800 degree continuous silica cloth with a 1/2" thick blanket in the middle. I have these on ebay for $124.99 that includes shipping. I'll do a manifold blanket and an S300 or S400 Turbo Sock combo for those who want both, $199.99 shipped.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Blanket paint 2.jpg (33.9 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg Blanket paint 3.jpg (23.3 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg blanket paint.jpg (44.1 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg Blanket paint 1.jpg (44.7 KB, 82 views)

Old 03-03-2009, 12:44 PM   #2
zstroken

Name: zstroken
Title: For $$$ your name here
Member`s Gallery
Any way you could put say 4 or 6 attachment points on it, so it could be held up against the block with the manifold mounting bolts?
24V P-Pump Mafia member #1(retired)

Thanks to Mumau Diesel, Goerend Transmission, Northeast Diesel Service!

Old 03-03-2009, 01:12 PM   #3
Turbo Performance

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zstroken View Post
Any way you could put say 4 or 6 attachment points on it, so it could be held up against the block with the manifold mounting bolts?
It actually has tunnels sewn into the inside of the blanket that you slide stainless ties through to hold the blanket tight to the manifold. You actually can't see how the blanket is held on once you get it on the truck. Sorry I didn't mention that before.

Old 03-09-2009, 12:02 PM   #4
NickTF

Name: NickTF
Title: Single turbo turd.
Member`s Gallery
Anyone run one of these yet? Looks like an interesting idea!

Old 03-12-2009, 08:42 AM   #5
NickTF

Name: NickTF
Title: Single turbo turd.
Member`s Gallery
I'll be trying a manifold and turbo sock along with the new pdi t4 manifold! We'll see what we'll see!

Old 03-12-2009, 06:24 PM   #6
sdubfid

Name: sdubfid
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
I ordered my manifold blanket and turbo sock last night. Can't wait to try them out. Should put that wasted heat to use.

Old 03-24-2009, 10:49 PM   #7
sdubfid

Name: sdubfid
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Got my blankets today. Haven't tested them yet, but with both on there it idles noticeably quieter. Pic is my 1st gen dodge 12v with 3rd gen turbo. My setup is different than most. I had to remove my oil drain and downpipe to install. I also re-installed the coolant and heat exchanger brace. Installation is pretty straightforward. More updates to follow.

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 03-25-2009, 08:31 AM   #8
JasonCzerak

Name: JasonCzerak
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
looks like the turbo sock can be put on with out removing parts.

But can the manifold blanket be installed with out removing it?

Old 03-25-2009, 08:37 AM   #9
JasonCzerak

Member`s Gallery
found your ebay page. so just popping off the turbo is required.

What about long term use? winter use? salt and water going to make things look ugly? what about different colors? Blue or black?

Old 03-25-2009, 08:58 AM   #10
bsmith

Name: bsmith
Title: Never enough
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCzerak View Post

What about long term use? winter use? salt and water going to make things look ugly? what about different colors? Blue or black?
i know he can do black. Levi is a good guy to deal with.

RIP DEX

2001 2500 2wd
Diesel pro's cam
Walbro 392
Goff diesel injection
160hp pump
6x.013's by Weston
HTT 62/71/13 over FI 82/92/1.10
Levi's turbo blankets!

Old 03-25-2009, 11:53 AM   #11
Turbo Performance

Member`s Gallery
Quote:

Hey Jason, salt and water won't be much of an issue, the little that you will get on the blanket shouldn't matter, I've gotten the material pretty wet and dirty, you can usually just brush it off when it dries up. I can do black or silver, it's just high temp VHT paint. Thanks
Levi

Old 03-25-2009, 12:37 PM   #12
JasonCzerak

Member`s Gallery
I'm pondering it. I need to pop the turbo off soon to replace the waste gate actuator with one form Wicked soon, figure I'd cover things up too while it's apart. I've got a nice 3 coat flat black paint job done on the OEM manifold already and looks nice in vht.

So, on the ebay page it's stated that it will be for the aftermarket manifolds. Why wouldn't it work for the OEM one, or am I mis reading it?

What about pryo and drive pressure ports, looks like from the pic from one of your customers they had to cut into it to get the probe though. Is there a better more elegant way of doing that? if I send ya a pic of my manifold and approximate measurements of where the ports are, can you sew up better holes for these, something with a grommet to prevent the threading from falling apart over time?

I suppose the pyro and drive pressure holes drilled and tapped is impossible to account for, however on an ATS where it's consistent, you can...

Old 03-25-2009, 01:24 PM   #13
Turbo Performance

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
I'm pondering it. I need to pop the turbo off soon to replace the waste gate actuator with one form Wicked soon, figure I'd cover things up too while it's apart. I've got a nice 3 coat flat black paint job done on the OEM manifold already and looks nice in vht.

So, on the ebay page it's stated that it will be for the aftermarket manifolds. Why wouldn't it work for the OEM one, or am I mis reading it?

What about pryo and drive pressure ports, looks like from the pic from one of your customers they had to cut into it to get the probe though. Is there a better more elegant way of doing that? if I send ya a pic of my manifold and approximate measurements of where the ports are, can you sew up better holes for these, something with a grommet to prevent the threading from falling apart over time?

I suppose the pyro and drive pressure holes drilled and tapped is impossible to account for, however on an ATS where it's consistent, you can...
It would work for an OEM manifold on the 12 and 24 valve, the flanges are just taller so it's a bit tighter fit. As far as pyro and drive pressure holes, yes I could cut the holes and sew around them to stop it from fraying, but it shouldn't be an issue to cut a slit, press the fitting through and trim the fray, it won't continue to fray as time goes on. I can pretty much do whatever a customer wants with the right measurements, pictures etc. The only reason I haven't been doing pre-cut holes, is I've actually seen guys drill and tap an ATS manifold and put the pyro and drive pressure elsewhere, and decided to leave it up to the customer to cut the appropriate holes.

Closed Thread