HX40W question

00 black ram

Cummin's Enthusiast
I was wanting to know where a good place is on the East coast to get one rebuilt. And if anyone has ran one with a 18cm exhaust housing as a single or compound setup. Thanks in advance.

I ran a Hx40w w/billet wheel and 18cm housing for about 7 months before I swapped it out with a 16cm housing. The difference was night and day.

Really, well I guess I could look for a factory or 16cm housing to put on it after I get it rebuilt. Thanks.

I ran one with an 18cm housing for a little bit while waiting for my Super B single. It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be as a secondary, it didn't light as quickly as the Super B, but the power transition to the primary was very smooth.

It was just an old school HT3B with a 26 cm, had it during college. I knew the setup wasn't going to be ideal, but was pleasantly surprised by how quickly the primary lit. The secondary would start to light at around 1500 RPM and the primary would start making steam at 1750. For being a college budget set of compounds it was pretty nice. If you're on a budget then I'd recommend grabbing one with either the 16 or 18, then when you can afford it you can easily swap it to an S300.

Last edited:
Back