Radiator

Tobin

5.7 IDI Powaa!
Need a new radiator for my 2006 5.9. Local radiator shop has one for $200, most places are $250-$300 range. I am guessing it's all the same China made junk. Any brand better than another?

Just make sure it is the same number of cores. There are a few China one's that are one core short and don't specifically say it.

I just bought one from Orielys a yr ago.

Looked just as thick, and has been fine.
Like $240 bucks a yr ago.

Oreilleys in mine for over 100k miles. Probably 5 or more years old so who knows what brand they sell now or tomorrow but it has worked for me.

I bought one from a radiator shop that has been around. Slid it in and got pissed when I noticed the core was over a inch shorter than the original. Found a spare Mopar radiator laying around the house that I threw in. On the hunt for a good aftermarket. I don't understand why they make the cores smaller. FL heat with AC on towing a trailer, last thing I need is a smaller radiator.

I bought an aluminum AFE radiator for my 05. Haven’t used it yet as the truck is still on stands. Fit and finish were good in my book.

My belief is all radiators are china brand. Aftermarket companies just clean them up and paint logos on them. Though I’d live to be proved wrong.

I've yet to find the reason why paying their price is worth it. I've only purchased a trans cooler from them and it was a nice piece, works well. But a cooler is a cooler. I'd love for someone in the industry to explain differences between manufactures.

What’s funny is they must’ve made their way to diesels fairly recently. Back in the day this was just another dollar general ass import brand. Dirt cheap, low quality shit really. Then I get a diesel some 10 years later and these guys got top priced radiators and such. Just funny to me. Diesel owners are about retarded with what they will pay for some parts.

Back