Fellow Motorheads...

What is the best injector for the following set-up:

98 24v
Manual 5- new SB 450/ 900 single 13" flywheel
3:55s
Edge Ez
Raptor and big line kit.
Stock turbo

Looking for a TST Powermax (pm2 or pm3)...

Thanks

If you plan on upgrading the turbo I would go with a bigger set of injectors. However the rv275? are a nice jump in power from stock.

Fellow Motorheads...

98 24v
Manual 5- new SB 450/ 900 single 13" flywheel
3:55s
Edge Ez
Raptor and big line kit.
Stock turbo

Looking for a TST Powermax (pm2 or pm3)...

Thanks
If you're in the market for electronics I would look into Quadzilla.

On the injectors though, that really just depends on what your future goals are. If you plan to go big then get a big set and pull them back with the quad until you can get enough turbo to support them. If you're staying somewhat close to where you're at now I would recommend a set of rv275s or even 75s (7x.009ish).

If you're in the market for electronics I would look into Quadzilla.

On the injectors though, that really just depends on what your future goals are. If you plan to go big then get a big set and pull them back with the quad until you can get enough turbo to support them. If you're staying somewhat close to where you're at now I would recommend a set of rv275s or even 75s (7x.009ish).

Everyone has a different opinion...
I wouldn't be given a quad as a gift.

One of the most proven setups on a vp truck is edge.

As others have stated. Kinda need to know your plans. A very nice simple
Setup on a vp with a stock charger is a set of RV's and your EZ. Nice towing setup for sure.

Last edited:

Setup on a vp with a stock charger is a set of RV's and your EZ. Nice towing setup for sure.

Are you referring to older quads or the new stuff? Alot has happened in the past few months...

Take a look at the new quad tuning. You will be surprised. V2 tuning has remedied a large majority of issues.

Are you referring to older quads or the new stuff? Alot has happened in the past few months...

Probably the older stuff.

I haven't looked at the new stuff but here's how I'm looking at it.
It's a vp. Let's not try and reinvent the wheel here. This happens every 5 years or so. Someone puts a new sticker on some vp stuff and the world freaks out and thinks it's the newest biggest thing and vps will be out there hanging with common rails.

Not how it is being advertised at all. Trust me I was totally against all things quad for a long time. I get what you are saying but DAP has totally turned the product around. And there are actual results being posted unlike smary mm3 bs or udc pro.

I would get a set of micro-blind sac 6x 0.011s from infinite performance. I have almost the same setup except a super B turbo and the truck hauls the grass!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not how it is being advertised at all. Trust me I was totally against all things quad for a long time. I get what you are saying but DAP has totally turned the product around. And there are actual results being posted unlike smary mm3 bs or udc pro.
Any links to results? Not doubting, just new info to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

And don't get me wrong, I'm not against seeing new things and I'm gonna look at it now for sure. We've just all seen this time and time again.
I'm also not trying to be a d1ck but, I come across that way.
I just like the ole tried and true stuff on these trucks cause well... you can't hardly get more outta these trucks than anyone already has. It's a glorified VE lol.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not against seeing new things and I'm gonna look at it now for sure. We've just all seen this time and time again.
I'm also not trying to be a d1ck but, I come across that way.
I just like the ole tried and true stuff on these trucks cause well... you can't hardly get more outta these trucks than anyone already has. It's a glorified VE lol.

You are fine lol. I know how you post. After all the bs with smarty in the last 10 years I cannot imagine why we all have skepticism :hehe:

You are fine lol. I know how you post. After all the bs with smarty in the last 10 years I cannot imagine why we all have skepticism :hehe:

Or back 5-7 years ago when TST reinvented the wheel and was gonna bring all new power and all new rpm limits of the vp and was gonna put the vp'a back on the board... yeeeaaaa.... rrriiiggghhhtt lol

And then never released the pm5....:banghead:

And the rpm limit reason has been found, with the quad ironically. ECM limiter with the bus messages. Gets mad after a certain rpm point causing the ecm to lock up and shut down after the throttle has been released.

Last edited:
Lol well that went down a rabbit hole.

BRE, most of the bugs from the previous release have been addressed. I'll agree with you that the edge is a proven setup hell I ran it for 7 years, but there's quite a few things that the quad is capable of that no other box/tuner on the market has been able to offer.

BRE, I am not gonna clutter up this guys thread.

However if anything that was posted over on mopar1973man.com seems off or if you have any questions etc just ask. I have not hid anything......haha Theres no voodoo magic in the vp44 and how the system works. Nothing's new in terms of power or rpms.'

Fellow Motorheads...

/QUOTE]

My DFI injectors have treated me well. At sea level they literally will not smoke, good power ( I think haha) and mpg has remained the same really.

Last edited:
Back