Big Tires and Torque Differential

Tobin

5.7 IDI Powaa!
My '77 F250 has a 10.5 Ford rear axle that I put a Yukon Grizzly locker (same as a Detroit Locker) in. It definitely locks up, but is a little too much I think on the street for what I really need. I have 40" tires and a good amount of torque, so I wanted something that would last. Is there another option that would work besides an ARB air locker? Something with clutches that would last?

I'd always heard great things about the Detroit truetrac limited slip. Have you looked into them?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

True trac is the way to go. Stays unlocked until you apply throttle, locks every time under load. Its a ratcheting type so no clutches to wear out.

Truetrac is a helical gear lsd. No ratcheting to it. Definitely going to be more forgiving than an auto locker.

I ran a true track years ago in a 14 bolt with 40” tires. Accelerate on the straight, coast around a corner, no tire barking. Never had an issue and it saw some abuse.

I ran a trutrac in the front of my Toyota for years. I twisted off 3 pinions and broke countless axles and it never failed me.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Back