Just ordered some DDM HID's anyone run them?

The 6000K are the threshold between white and blue light. They put off white light looking out from the cab, appear white-ish from close, but have the blue look from a distance. I'm going with 5000K my next go around.

I only like 6000K if running 55w. THe added wattage seems to wash out some of the color.

But the 35w 6000K kit I have does have a blue hint when viewed from a distance. Behind the wheel I agree the color looks white.

I personally like the output and color of 4500K better if staying with 35w kits.

I only like 6000K if running 55w. THe added wattage seems to wash out some of the color.

But the 35w 6000K kit I have does have a blue hint when viewed from a distance. Behind the wheel I agree the color looks white.

I personally like the output and color of 4500K better if staying with 35w kits.

I went with the 55watt 6k's I like them a lot. they are slightly blue but not crazy looking

I agree with this; mine is a 55w 6000K kit. The 35w 6000K kits are considerably more blue.

I have 7 sets from DDM LOL

My jetta has a set which had issues but I have a brand new set from them for free. They are 55w 4500k's. my 95 dakota has a set of 55w 5000k's. the dakota use to have a set of 6000k 55w until a deer took them out LOL. Then my cummins has a set of 4500 55s in the main lights and 4500 55s in the fogs. And finally my car has a set of fogs ready for install. I love my DDM Hids.

I have done over 30 sets in customer vehicles too. Only had one bad set so far and it was in my car. They are good people.

i know absolutely nothing about these, but i would like the brightest white possible with 0 blue tint at all so that i can tint my front windshield like i have planned.

any ideas what wattage and k i should use guys? also whats a good brand?

sorry for hijacking

I've been running ddm for 3 years with no issues, other than they short out my kenwood when first turned on.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

i know absolutely nothing about these, but i would like the brightest white possible with 0 blue tint at all so that i can tint my front windshield like i have planned.

sorry for hijacking

55w 4500k DDM

sorry for hijacking

No problem your good man. I like these they aren't bad for being cheap. My roommate is running the simply hid kit and they have been fine so far also. They do have to be flicked on and off sometimes when one doesn't cut on just like mine though. Must just be an all around issue with cheap sets no matter the company

55w 4500k DDM

are you 100% sure those are white with no blue tint? i hate to buy some and them not be right

No problem your good man. I like these they aren't bad for being cheap. My roommate is running the simply hid kit and they have been fine so far also. They do have to be flicked on and off sometimes when one doesn't cut on just like mine though. Must just be an all around issue with cheap sets no matter the company

i may just go with a cheap set if they are all about the same thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

are you 100% sure those are white with no blue tint? i hate to buy some and them not be right

i may just go with a cheap set if they are all about the same thing

Mine are slightly blue so the 4500 are def the whites. I'll take a pic of mine in a second and try to post it if you want to see

4500 are for sure white, I have 8k and they are almost white. The have just a tiny tint of blue, mine are 55w from DDM and I'll never buy another set from anyone else because these are the best an cheapest on the market in my opinion

wait so you have 8k and im needing 4500k? how do those relate if you dont mind educating me? i cant find many good websites about them that dumb it down to my level LOL

The way it works is the higher you go the bluer or the more color the light is,I had 10 k before these and they were very very blue that's why I went with these. I believe once you get to a 6k there's no blue

I have 6k 35 watt DDMs in my truck and really like them. I did have 8ks but they were horrible in the rain with my tinted windshield, the 6ks are much better. I have Ebay 6k 55 watt digital ballasts in my 08 saab which has factory projectors and i love them but wouldn't recommend them without projectors. I am convinced that all hids are the same. I have a Ebay ballast that was $7.99 shipped in the passenger side of my truck and one that was $10 shipped and they work perfectly! DDM's warranty is too much of a hassle for me....

edit: Here is the link for the ballast. Looks like they are $10 now too but its still crazy cheap!
Digital HID Xenon Conversion Ballast Replacement 35W 9006 9007 H1 H3 9005 H4 H7 | eBay

Last edited:
so when i get my front windshield tinted 35% will HID's be better than normal incandescent headlights?

For sure! And trust me on this one, you will HATE 35% tint at night. Especially if its raining! But it does look cool...
6ebejune.jpg

7a2ubu8u.jpg

55 watt 6ks in my car. I bought them from discountmotorsports on ebay. Lifetime warranty for $65 shipped so I figured why not.

Back