2nd Gen 1500 Big Baer Disc Brakes

1/2TONCUMMINS

diesel addict
Upgraded front factory brakes to a Baer 6 piston caliper with a floating 14" rotor. Also upgraded rear calipers to Baer 4 piston calipers with beefy vented rear rotors. Due to the limited Baer front hub options and Baer rear dual set up, I was forced to change wheels because the only bolt circle that would work was 5 x 4.5. About the only option i had for wheels that didn't stick out a mile were the 20" weld rts wheels since they offer a ton of different backspacing options. I always had nitto 420's on the truck before for the street because of the tire height with the 305-50-20 option and decided i wanted to try something with a little more street traction. I decided to go with tallest 20" tire i could find which was the M/T e.t. street radials for the rear and M/T street radial for front. Overall extremely happy with brakes, not really liking the look of the shorter tire and it needs more tire in wheel wells. Should i lower it? Good news is these M/T e.t. street radials hook good on the street. Heres a few pics including new beadlocks for the track.

Attachments

• bef1.jpg
    bef1.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 0
  • bef2.jpg
    bef2.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 0
  • n10.jpg
    n10.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 0
  • n6.jpg
    n6.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 0
  • n7.jpg
    n7.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 0
  • n8.jpg
    n8.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 0
  • n9.jpg
    n9.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 0
  • n5.jpg
    n5.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 0
  • n3.jpg
    n3.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 0
  • n4.jpg
    n4.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 0
  • slicks2.jpg
    slicks2.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 0
  • n1.jpg
    n1.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 0
  • n2.jpg
    n2.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 0
I'm going through a similar change with my short bed truck right now. My truck is considerably lower in the rear. What size rear tire are you running. And how much more traction then the 420s?

I'm going through a similar change with my short bed truck right now. My truck is considerably lower in the rear. What size rear tire are you running. And how much more traction then the 420s?

Rear tire is M/T e.t. street radial 305/35/20
Best tire by far for the street, it hooks. Only bad thing is it drives like a slick in the rain, no traction. 420's make good tire fryers on the street at any speed.

Rear tire is M/T e.t. street radial 305/35/20
Best tire by far for the street, it hooks. Only bad thing is it drives like a slick in the rain, no traction. 420's make good tire fryers on the street at any speed.

What do you have done to your truck?

I love the Weld RT's wheels. I want those for my Dakota. Just need to get my front brakes upgraded to match my rear wilwoods.

Details on the brake kit? I'd definitely like to upgrade if they have any 6.5x8 options.

And is the dual rear caliper setup so one controls parking break? You could make a pretty fun E-Brake with that setup!

Thanks. What do think about the look of the tires?

I think the whole setup looks like it means business. Anybody that knows about drag racing understands that it's tough to find taller tires in a drag radial. You could probably come down 1" the whole way around.

What do you have done to your truck?

Double adjustable strange shocks (front and rear), caltrax & deaver springs, strange 9" with detroit locker, 300k mile 12v with factory bolts, 160 pump, sb66 turbo, 5x14, billet 47rh with goerend constant pressure valve body. Although, more air and fuel is coming soon.

Details on the brake kit? I'd definitely like to upgrade if they have any 6.5x8 options.

And is the dual rear caliper setup so one controls parking break? You could make a pretty fun E-Brake with that setup!

All four rear calipers are hydraulic and are not for e-brake use, not sure about other options.

I like the wheels. If it were me I would do more tire if available. Just my $0.02.

Back