New to chevy teams HELP

fordtk12

Banned
Chevy terms that is.
What is the difference between SILVERADO CLASSIC and The Silverado. What are WT LS 1LT 2LT 3LT
What do you guys thing of the D Max the good and the bad?

Last edited:
fordtk12 said:
Chevy terms that is.
What is the difference between SILVERADO CLASSIC and The Silverado. What are WT LS 1LT 2LT 3LT
What do you guys thing of the D Max the good and the bad?

Classic has the 360hp LBZ engine, 07.5 has the LMM 365hp

WT LS etc are trim levels. All of ours are equivalent to the 3LT.

Our trucks have been relatively trouble free all things considered. Probably the easiest diesel to hot-rod. Allison is the best trans in a light duty truck.

Also note worthy is that the CLASSIC is the "old" body style where as the Silverado is the new body style. At least in regards to 07 model trucks. I suppose the new body style trucks are gonna be dubbed 07.5 kinda like the 04.5 is a mid-year switch from LB7 to LLY.

LB7s there was injectors - warrantied
LLYs there is overheating - limited cases usually envolving trucks that tow a lot and heavy
LBZs haven't heard much wrong yet.

Not sure if its as prevalant on the newer trucks but I
d say it is; the wheel bearings have a tendency to bow out relatively early and the entire hub needs to be replaced just for the bearing. Also, the dinky ass tie rods are laughing stock. Easily remedied with sleeves for less than $100 so thats kind of a mute point really. Obviously the Alli is nice but still needs to be beefed up like any other trans after 100+rwhp is added. Otherwise, 500rwhp seems to be relatively easily attained these days with tuning and typical things like exhaust and lift pumps, etc. I don't care for the pizza cutter tires and wheels from the factory either. The ride is nicer than the other brands and the grounds clearance is a fair amount lower.

C-ya

Last edited:
Back