how much extra power can a stock manual trans, 68 and aisin handle?

hot_runner58

got a 2013 getting deleted, and made me wonder what power the transmissions can handle before getting in trouble. Using the Race Ultra to tune, which is claiming up to 200hp, was wondering how much extra power the Manual trans, Aisin, and 68 can handle over stock? I have read they can only handle 100hp max, so looking for more opinions.

My mega has anarchy tunes and is supposed to be 450 hp when set on kill. Has been on truck for over a year.
I don't always run it on kill though. 68rfe

With trans tuning on a 68, I've been running 75-100 hp tunes for the last 20k with no hiccups at all. I've hauled everything from 10k lbs of hay to 35' heavy trailer with pulling truck on it 1500 mile round trip and I lived on the exhaust brake and tow/haul. The trailer brakes weren't up to DOT specs, haha.

I've seen a lot of Aisin trans that won't live at stick power levels and with no current tuning options I would stay away from it.

I don't have any G56 experience to speak of, sorry

I had twins and all of the accessories on my 05' with a G56, was on my 2nd dual disk and never a problem with the trans, my 11' also has Anarchy tuning and I have put 20,000 miles on it towing on the 80hp tune and dding on the 120 with no problems, just installed a Revmax vb and stage 5 tc with 225 psi tune for the trans and just started towing on the 120 tune and all is good so far.

I had twins and all of the accessories on my 05' with a G56, was on my 2nd dual disk and never a problem with the trans, my 11' also has Anarchy tuning and I have put 20,000 miles on it towing on the 80hp tune and dding on the 120 with no problems, just installed a Revmax vb and stage 5 tc with 225 psi tune for the trans and just started towing on the 120 tune and all is good so far.

I thought in order to exceed the 160ish psi mark the pump needed to be modified as there is an internal relief in the pump.

I have seen the transmission pressure as high as 255 on my monitor pulling a hill with a 7500lb. trailer on the 120hp setting.

I forgot I had started this thread, none of these replies were showing up on my email. lol

I appreciate the replies. Aside from my original post about the 13 Dodge, I have a friend that has gone through 4 68's on his 08 dodge. Finally we got him one from Randy's Transmission who explained all the internal problems with the 68's. It was a few $$$ to get it to hold the H&S he was running and be able to pull a trailer every now and again. With the H&S tuning they got it to push 185psi. He bought an upgraded trans tune, not sure what it ended up doing.

Ive been running between 120-175hp tunes with TCM tuning for the past 50K without issue. Most of that has been on the higher tune.

With trans tuning on a stock 68 I've been pushing close to 600whp for more than a year and a half. Still going strong so far

Back