Ac 6060

Got Diesel

College Boy
Anybody know anything about these? Turning the pump up, giving it a little more power? What about the rebuild. I am planning on doing that this summer, so any ideas would be great.

AC 6060 is a 433T engine...pump is a Stanadyne/Roosa Master pump, pretty simple to turn up, but I don't know exactly how. I can do it when I'm looking at the tractor, but can't really explain it. Sorry!

The engine, with an intercooler, was used in the 6080's and F2 Combines at 101 Eng. Hp, so you can get a little more out of them. I wouldn't go more than 75PTO hp without an intercooler, and also woulnd't suggest turning it up without Dynoing it to see where you are. Rebuilds aren't cheap;)

Rebuild is fairly straight forward. Have the block and head cleaned and checked for cracks, and rebuild it! It's a sleeved engine, so not really a big deal. If done right, they can go for 8K+ hrs no problems.

If you find anything broken/wrong inside the engine, let me know...I keep a couple parts engines around, and have rebuilt heads in stock usually too;)

Hope this Helps!
Chris

Back