Ppump internal coatings

ryanss22

Would it be beneficial to have the plungers and other moving parts inside a 13mm ppump coated for lubrication and to help from the possibility of a stuck open pump? Something like DLC coating or a moly-graphite type?

I would think the tolerances on the barrel and plungers would be to precise for any coating or plating.

I have been told injection pump plunger and barrel tolerances are like 0.00001" so thats why they never do anything like that.

Well crap. Okay. Thanks guys. Guess not much to prevent a run away pump then. After one does run away per sat. What need to happen to said pump?

Yup junk it or see if you can get a pump shop to free up the rack. It will probably need new plungers and barrels if something stuck up front there. If something in the governor housing stuck you might get lucky but it needs to go on a P pump stand.

Unit pump plungers are coated , but they need to be designed for that from the beginning.

Well crap. Okay. Thanks guys. Guess not much to prevent a run away pump then. After one does run away per sat. What need to happen to said pump?

Your big pump shop names (harts, wimers, Massey) DLC coat the plungers in their high performance pumps to help plungers from sticking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back