Need a suggestion for twin turbos

Carl

flies on weekdays
Hey all, I am building my rig to be used off road. I was hoping to get some suggestions on what turbos would be good for my application. I'm interested in having the quickest throttle response I can get, and quick acceleration. Top end speed doesn't bother me. As long as I can drive on the highway at 65MPH a decent amount of time, I'll be happy.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Carl

hy9 for the top and hx55 for the bottom. i have been planing on building this set for a long time. i think it would be a torque monster and still do 500 hp.

Burner said:
The truck in your sig?
Yep, that one ;)

RacinDuallie said:
With those 38" tall tires you have- what's the gearing ??
4.10 Dana Spicer gears

gunracer1, blowin_smoke_03, RacinDuallie, and CookCR, thanks all for the suggestions. I'll look into each of those turbos.
-Carl

Trapper said:
Does anyone like the KSB1 and the B2? I would like to put a B2 with my PS64.
havent heard much about the KSB1 and B2, im going to be runing my stocker and the B2 though...

2 things.
1) I have ridden in a few HX35/HT3B trucks, and they are retarded fast spooling
@) If there are no objections, i'd lie to move this to the dodge performance forum

Timbeaux38 said:
If there are no objections, i'd lie to move this to the dodge performance forum

No objections here... Wherever ya see fit ;)

I appreciate all the suggestions, but I must admit, I'm still at a loss where I can go to find good information on each turbo, so that I can try to make an informed decision on what to order. Any suggestions?
Thanks for the help.

Call some places that sell/modify turbos and ask them. (HTT, II, Olee Poole, Dynomite Diesel, Forced Inductions, Piers, City Diesel, etc, etc.) Tell them what you are wanting to do with your truck and listen to what they have to say. They should know how each combo performs and which turbo to use.

How tight?? If it's that tight, I'd run an external gate!

I ran a 1.32 on my B2, and spool was still plenty fast...but I'm going down to a 1.01 on the new big charger:bigsmile:

Chris

Back