05 duramax..trying to fit a 325/60/18 under it

csummers

i have an 05 dmax eclb that sits very low in the front but it clears 285/75/16 which are roughly 32.5x11.5 on stock alloy wheels now. i just ran across a set of 18x9 eagle alloy 197's there black and chrome and there deep dish dont know the exact offset but i want to put 325/60/18 nitto terra grapplers,or toyo open country a/t's that size is roughly 33x12.8

so im looking for openions on how to make them fit my buddy's old truck was set up the same way when he got it it had a leveling kit and 1or2in blocks in the rear.

so what brand leveling kit should i buy?? ive been looking at rough country and cognito, im realy liking the cognito. has any1 ran it or currenty have it installed? they sell 2 different kits the treditional torsion keys and they also have a upper a-arm lift? the upper a-arm lift is what im looking into i wonder how much lift it gives you and if maybe you could run it and torsion keys

im looking to get as much front lift out of a leveling kit i can and to run a 1or2in block in the rear

all of ur guy's openions are greatly appreciated! thanks guys

If you are still curious, I wouldn't try those tires with a leveling kit. 325/60/? actually measure 35 inches. I measured mine is how I know. And you will rub on sharp turns with a incline. I have a 6" lift and ran the 325/60/20 Toyo AT's, my driveway is a good incline and I could rub the tires on the fenders near the cab every time I made a sharp turn into the driveway.

there on it now with just a leveling kit no rubbing at all unless i hit a bump in reverse lock to lock..and yes 325/60/20's are 35's but 325/60/18's are 33's

I tried 325/60/16's on 16x12's with leveling keys before the lift...it required major surgury to the backs of the fender wells. It rode pretty good once everything was clearanced. I went to a lift because I wanted my CV's/tie rods to be level while clearing the 325/60's and I pull a few times a year.

shep maybe its cuz ur running a 18x12 im running 18x9 but anyway i was reading ur mods and i have just about the same set up on my truck except for egr delete and pcv reroute im about to do te=hem mods to my truck though...did they make much of a difference in power or fuel economy??? and hows ur stock tranny taking it?

i run 315/70/17 with h2 wheels. only have 2" blocks in the rear with leveled front. no rubbing what so ever. i ran 285's on 16x10 rims and they rubbed all the time. it all depends on the rim width and offset. i know h2 rims are 17x9. not sure on offset but they fit perfect.

Back