how to tell late or early 99

Compressor housing on turbo has 4 bolts on an e99 late 99 have 5.

Early 99 built date is pre december 1998. Check door sticker.

E99 normally has V8 Powerstroke fender badge near headlights.

e99 has oval shaped air filter element. Late 99's have flat rectangular

Should be enough info to determine early or late 99

The early 99's also say intercooled on top of the air filter lid if it still has a stock airbox.

as far as differences, early 99 trucks use AB code injectors late 99 has AD codes. different uppipes, pedistal and smaller turbo.

okay thanks that is what i thought but i have a 1999 that door says 5-98 but it has a flat airfilter and i have not looked at whether it is four or five bolt, and it does have the emblems on the fender......so kinda confused. What is so good about the late 99's?

okay thanks that is what i thought but i have a 1999 that door says 5-98 but it has a flat airfilter and i have not looked at whether it is four or five bolt, and it does have the emblems on the fender......so kinda confused. What is so good about the late 99's?

Its an e99. Not sure on the air filter, maybe it was swapped out at some time, not sure. late99's have larger injectors, 140cc compared to 120cc in e99, I feel the turbos actually work better on the e99's. They dont surge like late 99-03's even with a 9 blade wheel.

early 99 has xle (auto trans) and awa (manual trans) series pcms and late has dac (manual trans) and nvk (auto trans) common default tear tags (hex codes) are xle7, awa4, dac3, nvk4

Early 99 SRW rear axle will have calipers on opposite sides ( front and back) of axle. Later builds have calipers on the back. the interior will also have cup throwers instead of holders. The headlights switch removal is a scientifically engineered process. While the later models just POP out. Early build automatically also didn't have tranny cooling thru the radiator,unless it had a TSB done.

Back