6.4l ford in a tug of war with a little of everything

If they would have hooked a chevy to it that acutally had a little black coal come out the tail pipe. Yall would of acutally seen a ford get drug to the junk yard:hehe:

that truck had to be WAY heavy then stock they should hook it to a sled lets see how good it would of done againts the same trucks after they were fixed lol

I would of gave it a go if I could hookem on dirt with my half ton chevy. haven't figured out the concrete pullin yet.

Its all about weight and traction. And alot of the traction comes from having the higher hook point and at least on the dully doge the hook point was a couple of inchers lower then the fords. THus the ford picked up the back end of the dodge so it lost traction. But you all knew that so i guess ill shut up.

Where did you see anything in my post saying it was slow?? Fords are heavy pigs plain and simple. A tug of war is all about who breaks traction first, and of course a lighter truck with more power will loose traction before a heavy truck with just enough power to keep it at a stand still.

So to answer you question, no it was not a joke. And I guess some people don't realize that a truck tug of war is in no way a true test or demonstration of how good/tough/strong/powerful a truck is.....but it will tell you which trucks need to go on a diet.:thankyou2:

No diet necessary. Fords are built heavy for a reason. You non-ford guys easily forget what trucks are built for....hauling and towing. Towing stability/load control cannot be matched by the gm/dodge trucks. But as you know, Ford's superior platform for the intended purpose has disadvantages against the light duty racers. Depends on what a guy wants to do with his "truck". :hehe:

I wonder if that brand new truck had a really tight read:new limited slip rearend, good angles between stock rear axle and weight distribution of the truck, and brand new tires with factory sipes and rubber molding nipples that bite really well. Put an equal weight FORD, DODGE, or CHEVY with lockers front and rear, equal hitch height, equal tires, and then that new Ford would have a difficult time pulling off a win.

All that said, I'm impressed how well that new Ford sticks to the asphalt, it really gets the traction.

No diet necessary. Fords are built heavy for a reason. You non-ford guys easily forget what trucks are built for....hauling and towing. Towing stability/load control cannot be matched by the gm/dodge trucks. But as you know, Ford's superior platform for the intended purpose has disadvantages against the light duty racers. Depends on what a guy wants to do with his "truck". :hehe:

A Ford better for towing....oh boy the ish is getting deep now.....:hehe:

Yea, I was thinking that that Ford's had quite lbs. on the comp.

:hehe:Tell that to Ford mechanic was in a shop last week had 4 of the new 6.4 inside and 2 sitting outside all blown up needing new motors, none had chips. Thats what i would call job security not a superior platform:kick:

Why is it that dealers doing pull-offs and things like that are always in everyone alse's town but my own. It's getting a little old.:bang

:hehe:Tell that to Ford mechanic was in a shop last week had 4 of the new 6.4 inside and 2 sitting outside all blown up needing new motors, none had chips. Thats what i would call job security not a superior platform:kick:

Right....and I guess you missed the pile up of 25 dodge/cum-a-part pickups waiting around the block for service at our local repair shop? Now that's quality! :woohoo:

You guys are out of control. LOL. It won. If you think that your rig is better then call the dealer. I am sure that they would be more than glad to let you pull against it.

Nope, I wouldnt have any idea about hauling anything:bang

Attachments

• dodge truck.jpg
    dodge truck.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 39
Back