5.9 to 6.7 swap question

Blackdog

Hillbilly Deluxe
Basically #6 cylinder in my 07 5.9 has a compression issue so I'm down to the point of rebuild or replace. I'm leaning toward a low mileage wreck from copart and wondered if a 6.7 will work with 5.9 computer and electric or just the block and head. If not I'll keep shopping for a 5.9 but if a 6.7 will work it would widen my search.

The 5.9 ecm will run the 6.7 injectors its just warm up that is flaky . Better to get new 03-04 injectors , it will run flawlessly and be a torque monster.

Or if you want a 5.9 I am selling the low mile rebuilt motor from my late 04 so I can put in a 6.7.

I swapped to a 6.7 and would advise staying 5.9, given some of the challenges and costs, one of which are the injector issues. I finally put in marine/Motorsport injectors, at a cost of 3k.

I thought I read somewhere formula 1 was putting 5.9 solenoids of 6.7 injectors. That would be the way to go if the price was reasonable.

An 07 with EFI can run the 6.7 injectors. As stated earlier, it's just initial start up they will be choppy and smokey. It goes away after a few seconds of idling.

Back