Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Articles
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Dodge Articles Write your own Dodge Articles

Closed Article

Article Tools
5.7 Hemi removal 5.7 Hemi removal
ikeG
07-22-2020
Has anyone had to remove a late model 5.7 out of a 1500?? I'm in the middle of doing one and am finding that the drivers side engine mount is also the front diff mount, which also bolts to the torque converter!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk  
Article Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Featured Articles

Test Article

Test Article
Snedge on 07-22-2020, 07:27 PM
Huh?
ikeG on 07-22-2020, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snedge View Post
Huh?
Whoops sorry. The drivers side mount bolts to engine block, down to differential, and then sweeps back and also bolts to the bell housing!

mhuggler on 07-23-2020, 03:46 AM
I was enjoying that one! They sure know how to shoehorn those engines in nowadays.
ikeG on 07-23-2020, 10:18 AM
Thankfully I was wrong about the one piece design. The long tube headers and their zip ties holding stuff away from them hid the junction of the two pieces. Once I removed the header I could see how it all worked. The rear bracket bolts thru the engine mount to the front diff with the three bolts pictured and then bolt 2x to the bell housing Click the image to open in full size.

ikeG on 07-27-2020, 04:01 PM
Hemi powaClick the image to open in full size.

Closed Article

Article Tools