Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech- General Diesel > Audio, Video, Lighting
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 10:05 PM   #21
Bosshawg600

Name: Bosshawg600
Title: PDP.com FireFighter
Member`s Gallery
Well, got everything soddered up, pluged them in and all 3 worked.......Left the lights on to get them as straight as possable. By the time I had the 3 one back on, noticed the 3 on the other side where out again and then the 3rd one went out......

I think I am just going to go hit a Vato Zone tomorrow and get some cheap LED's and just use the covers and backing plates and wire up my own lights inside! im done trying to mess with this junk!!!!!

Old 03-12-2012, 10:34 PM   #22
AHall

Name: AHall
Title: Hobbyist
Member`s Gallery
I mentioned in another thread the cab lights leaked and cost me a pioneer touchscreen head unit from a heavy rain and poor sealing. I removed and siliconed rubber to cab, screw holes, and rubber to lense. If they cost me the new $1200 alpine I'll be very angry. Also the cargo light on the third brake light has never worked well from time of install. Once it went to full brightness, otherwise so dim the Led's are barely visible.

Prostreet F-100 Build Thread

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/for...112541&page=24

Old 03-13-2012, 09:00 AM   #23
Robts

Name: Robts
Title: Proud Fummins Owner
Member`s Gallery
Hey...I will say something good about them.....they have great marketing...I mean when I sit on the shi#ter I look at their ads and say way...that Chinese crap looks cool...

2013 Ram 2500 Cummins Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Loaded. 6" lift on 35" Toyos on 22x12 gear alloys sold

2004 Ford F350 Lariat with a Fummins **under construction...Money pit

Old 03-13-2012, 09:33 AM   #24
Amish Elegance

Name: Amish Elegance
Title: Schadenfreude
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezingsystems View Post
Same here on the Recon junk. Never again will I pay for overpriced made in china junk. They spent all the money in the package and adds. Their warranty sucks too not worth the time.
I much prefer reasonably priced Chinese junk, too. Kinda hard to find electronics and lights that arent...

Recon = $hit. When I had them on the truck, one of them was constantly taking in water vapor. I had to RTV all the joints to get it to quit... THEN, I had one of their LED tail lights decide to eject itself on the interstate. I have no idea how or why. Normally the harness would have at least kept it with the truck. Not Recon's crappy connectors. I backtracked to try and find it, but it was already obliterated.

I ended up buying another manufacturers lights. So far so good. If anyone is interested, I have a drivers side RECON LED taillight I'll sell for cheap.

03 2500

Thanks to
Engineered Diesel
Click the image to open in full size.
Thanks to Pure Diesel Power and Mumau Diesel.

How I Post..

Old 03-13-2012, 09:58 AM   #25
Freezingsystems

Name: Freezingsystems
Title: Modify Everything
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amish Elegance View Post
I much prefer reasonably priced Chinese junk, too. Kinda hard to find electronics and lights that arent...

So true anymore it’s all China or third world countries, but you’re right at least you can buy on the cheap and afford to replace yearly compared to their pricing.

IMO Our hard earned money is paying for their advertising and packaging. .

Last edited by Amish Elegance; 03-13-2012 at 10:14 AM. Reason: fix quote box

Old 03-13-2012, 11:46 AM   #26
ACFarmer

Name: ACFarmer
Title: On to the next project
Member`s Gallery
Wife put all new recons in her F-450 after she bought it. Within a year 2 of the dually fender lights were out, one mirror light was only half working and the tails were foggy. My 02 came with recons in the rear and bed light. They are cracking and foggin up and only about half the bed light LEDs work. I'll never spend my money on them again.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:45 PM   #27
SLVRBullet

Name: SLVRBullet
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
I thought maybe I got lucky with my recon projectors until I went outside this morning and noticed the passenger side light was darn near full of condensation...wtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmikeismad
Aftermarket boobs are definitely performance parts. They make you finish faster.

Old 03-17-2012, 12:04 PM   #28
BgBlDodge

Name: BgBlDodge
Title: Hates hippies
Member`s Gallery
Had a third brake light on the dodge that was great. The cab lights were a horrible piece of ****. Leaked no matter how much silicone I put on, bulb connectors weren't worth a damn and kept causing lights to flicker on and off, went from clear to yellow in a year. I really want smoked lights and LEDs on my ford but I'm not putting up with that **** anymore.

Tyler Williams

We have become educated beyond our intelligence. -Jerry Clower

Old 03-18-2012, 10:05 PM   #29
K80

Name: K80
Member`s Gallery
I have their taillights, 3rd brake and headlights. The 3rd brake and taillights are pretty nice. The headlights are complete scrap.

Built With Blood

Old 06-15-2012, 10:05 PM   #30
6.7puller

Name: 6.7puller
Title: Cummins nut
Member`s Gallery
My recon headlights don't fit well at all

Old 06-15-2012, 11:57 PM   #31
SeeYaLater5.9

Name: SeeYaLater5.9
Title: Farmer of the year!!
Member`s Gallery
Thats funny everyone hating on them. Me and all my buds have never had any issues whatsoever with our stuff. Guess were just the lucky ones.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:20 AM   #32
MBusse

Name: MBusse
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeYaLater5.9 View Post
Thats funny everyone hating on them. Me and all my buds have never had any issues whatsoever with our stuff. Guess were just the lucky ones.
Give it time. I thought I got a good set of cab lights, been on for 2 years no leaks, no problems. Went out lastnight and one is out, the wires going into the led bulb came off. Looks like I'll have to order a replacement tomorrow.

Old 06-17-2012, 01:54 PM   #33
Bosshawg600

Name: Bosshawg600
Title: PDP.com FireFighter
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBusse View Post
Give it time. I thought I got a good set of cab lights, been on for 2 years no leaks, no problems. Went out lastnight and one is out, the wires going into the led bulb came off. Looks like I'll have to order a replacement tomorrow.
Do yourself a favor and take a look at Pacers!

Old 06-17-2012, 02:27 PM   #34
jkidd_39

Name: jkidd_39
Member`s Gallery
Junk!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

2005 F-350 King Ranch- Cummins CR convo in progress..
2008 F-450 CCLB - KEM tunes, Elite Studs/EGR w/ wastegate

Old 06-17-2012, 04:44 PM   #35
MBusse

Name: MBusse
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosshawg600 View Post
Do yourself a favor and take a look at Pacers!
Pacers? Care to elaborate? I like the look of the Recon's but they're starting to really piss me off after already having to replace 2 dually marker lights and throw away a pair of junk headlights.

'06 mega cab Firepunk diesel trans 11.40@120mph

Old 06-17-2012, 04:59 PM   #36
PLATI'01

Name: PLATI'01
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Not very happy with my recons on my '08 duramax. My headlights are horrible about getting condensation in them and the shine pattern isnt the best. The tail lights were bad about getting dust and moisture in them until I dried them out and sealed them up better. And had to do some soldering. Cab lights and dually fender markers are still holding on for now.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:15 PM   #37
wannabecummins

Name: wannabecummins
Title: Baloney Tugboat
Member`s Gallery
Had issues with the dually fender lights. All of them went out at one point or another. Ended up hardwiring all the lights to the truck, hasn't been an issue since. Haven't had an issue with my cab lights other than slight condensation in some of them. They haven't leaked yet.... Knock on wood. Have had a set of taillights for about 6 months now. So far so good.
"The Perogie" Smarty ,fass 150, banks high ram, arson III, 62/71 over 74/88, Hamilton rods and springs, ARP's, ISSPRO Ev2's(boost,pyro,rail) 265/70/17 Discoverer S/T,Mag-Hytec's front and rear, old #'s 404/873 17/10/09
New #'s 572/1086 16/10/10

Closed Thread