Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > XS Power Batteries
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 09:03 AM   #1
Nathan@XSPower

Name: Nathan@XSPower
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
A little about us.

We are based right here in Knoxville TN. We have our lab, engineering team, warehouse, and production/fab shop here in Knoxville. We also have another warehouse in California that we ship our west coast customers products from. We have one of the most sophisticated battery and alternator dynos that you can get here and we use them to test all of our products.

Originally XS Power was a part of Power Master, and developed what was the Power Master battery. In 2005 XS Power separated from Power Master and we are now two totally different companies. Power Master does not make batteries any more. Our team has been making and developing batteries for the past 7 years.

We have our full line of batteries and also build high amperage alternators. Each of our alternators are tested on the dyno before they go out the door. All of our alternators come with a 1 yr manufactures warranty, and the option to add a 911 extra warranty on them that covers ANYTHING for 1 year.

We sponsor the Richard Petty Racing school and the Roy Hill Drag Racing school along with many other racing (circle track and drag racing) competitors. We won the 2008 SEMA Best New Performance-Racing Product award (for our regulated lithium battery) along with two Global awards for the I-Bar system and our lithium battery.

If you all have any questions just let me know. http://www.4xspower.com

Old 01-07-2010, 09:23 AM   #2
dwitt0187

Name: dwitt0187
Title: cummins parts guy
Member`s Gallery
awsome looking products!!!

Danny

Old 01-07-2010, 09:41 AM   #3
zstroken

Name: zstroken
Title: For $$$ your name here
Member`s Gallery
Are the batteries made in the USA?
24V P-Pump Mafia member #1(retired)

Thanks to Mumau Diesel, Goerend Transmission, Northeast Diesel Service!

Old 01-07-2010, 10:51 AM   #4
Nathan@XSPower

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zstroken View Post
Are the batteries made in the USA?
Our Lithium batteries are made here in Knoxville, but our AGM batteries are made overseas. We took samples from manufacturers in the US, Europe, Asia, and all over the world and then we chose the manufacturer that was able to produce the best product out of all the samples. They were able to provide us with AGM batteries that are made with Pure Lead Tin Battery Technology, which out performs (and is more costly than) Lead Calcium AGM batteries that is used by most other AGM battery companies.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:29 AM   #5
JasonCzerak

Name: JasonCzerak
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Can you point us to a pdf or some sort of chart to figure out what alternators work with what year trucks?

Also, the same for the batteries. Group 65 I'm fairly certain it what is needed for my 04.5. I'm living on the edge here as far as battery life with my original batteries in negative temp's up here (good thing I suppose my truck is down when it's this cold out.)

However What would you suggest for an 04.5 dodge for a set of batteries and a 250amp alternator.

I was hoping for 1000CCA if possible. 850-950 will work and be a nice upgrade.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:42 AM   #6
roachie

Name: roachie
Title: Taco Master
Member`s Gallery
I'm really starting to wonder how many performance companies are right under my nose I don't know about.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:45 AM   #7
triton

Name: triton
Title: Scarlet Fever
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCzerak View Post
Can you point us to a pdf or some sort of chart to figure out what alternators work with what year trucks?

Also, the same for the batteries. Group 65 I'm fairly certain it what is needed for my 04.5. I'm living on the edge here as far as battery life with my original batteries in negative temp's up here (good thing I suppose my truck is down when it's this cold out.)

However What would you suggest for an 04.5 dodge for a set of batteries and a 250amp alternator.

I'll let Nathan answer you but, I do know the S3400 is a direct replacement ( in size ) for our stock batteries and if I remember correctly, Nathan said they were 1000CCA

Old 01-07-2010, 12:26 PM   #8
Nathan@XSPower

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCzerak View Post

You are correct that is the BCI Group 65 battery. The D6500 would be a direct replacement as far as battery size goes, but the upgrade in power over OEM will be huge. We haven't done the CCA test on it because actually the CA and CCA tests are really not good tests for todays batteries. Those tests are for a 30 second start and there are few if any starters that can take a charge for 30 seconds with out burning up. We did do the CA on it and it is rated at 1070 with a MAX AMPs of 3900.

We had a fitment guide for our alternators on our old site, but the computer guys haven't moved it over to our new site yet. Here is a link to a old one we had http://4xspower.com/old/application.php , but I dont think your application is on there.
What engine do you have in yours and are you currently using the stock alternator?

All of our alternators come to you ready to bolt up. We make all of our alternators, mounting brackets, and wire harnesses here in shop.

Here are the alternator prices for applications that we do not have to make a bracket for.

150amp - $349
200amp - $399
250amp - $499 300amp option $568

and for the applications where a bracket or wire harness is needed.

150amp - $475
200amp - $549
250amp - $599 300amp option $668

The 300amp competition alternators (put out nothing at idle) are not for daily drivers.

All of the alternators come with a 1yr manufacturers warranty with the option of the 911 Peace of Mind Accidental Warranty (covers anything for 1yr) upgrade for $99.00.

Old 01-07-2010, 12:26 PM   #9
Nathan@XSPower

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck No Run! View Post
I'm really starting to wonder how many performance companies are right under my nose I don't know about.

Where are you located in East TN?

Old 01-07-2010, 12:28 PM   #10
roachie

Name: roachie
Title: Taco Master
Member`s Gallery
Jefferson County, I drive through Knox every day (work in Alcoa)

Where is your facility? I'm to lazy to look it up at the moment.

Old 01-07-2010, 12:30 PM   #11
Nathan@XSPower

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by triton View Post
I'll let Nathan answer you but, I do know the S3400 is a direct replacement ( in size ) for our stock batteries and if I remember correctly, Nathan said they were 1000CCA

Close.......lol

The S/D3400 is a little smaller than the stock 65 series battery and puts out a little less than the D6500.

Old 01-07-2010, 12:31 PM   #12
Nathan@XSPower

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Jefferson County, I drive through Knox every day (work in Alcoa)

Where is your facility? I'm to lazy to look it up at the moment.

Cool! I grew up in Rogersville and then went into the military for 10 years and now in Knoxville. If you ever need anything just let me know.

Our office is right off of Strawberry Plains Pike exit.

Old 01-07-2010, 12:32 PM   #13
triton

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan@XSPower View Post
Close.......lol

The S/D3400 is a little smaller than the stock 65 series battery and puts out a little less than the D6500.
Ok sorry for the mislead then. I told him that because that's what you told me would replace the stock size battery when we talked a while back.

Old 01-07-2010, 12:35 PM   #14
Nathan@XSPower

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by triton View Post
Ok sorry for the mislead then. I told him that because that's what you told me would replace the stock size battery when we talked a while back.

Yeah the 3400 will fit in there. The 3400 has the billet hold down you liked. I think that was why we were leaning that way with yours. That hold down looks sweet on the battery. I will try to get on and post a pic up for you.

Old 01-07-2010, 12:46 PM   #15
triton

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Yeah the 3400 will fit in there. The 3400 has the billet hold down you liked. I think that was why we were leaning that way with yours. That hold down looks sweet on the battery. I will try to get on and post a pic up for you.
Oh I see. Yeah, I can sacrifice a few CA's for some added bling if I were to get a set from you guys :-)

Old 01-14-2010, 02:04 AM   #16
Atchley

Name: Atchley
Title: Holler dweller
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
You and me both

Quote:
Cool! I grew up in Rogersville and then went into the military for 10 years and now in Knoxville. If you ever need anything just let me know.

Our office is right off of Strawberry Plains Pike exit.
I have a cabin right next to rogersville in sneedville. Beautiful area.

Old 01-14-2010, 07:26 AM   #17
Nathan@XSPower

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atchley View Post
You and me both

I have a cabin right next to rogersville in sneedville. Beautiful area.

Man I ride my motorcycle over the mountain from rogersville to sneedville all the time. I love that stretch of road!!!

Closed Thread