Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech- General Diesel > Audio, Video, Lighting
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 11:59 PM   #21
UNBROKEN

Name: UNBROKEN
Title: Ezekiel 25:17
Member`s Gallery
I found it through DIYMA, yes. It wasn't advertised....the guy that had it messaged me about it.

Old 03-30-2014, 02:19 PM   #22
CHEMMINS

Name: CHEMMINS
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Nice.....always good to have those people knowing you're looking.

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Ben Franklin

Old 04-01-2014, 07:26 PM   #23
91shelbydaytona

Name: 91shelbydaytona
Member`s Gallery
Don't know too much about Clarion. Back when I use to compete usaci the 7990 Alpine was the unit to have. I wish they still made some higher end recievers with a cd slot rather than a folding face. I would rather have the money spent on internals rather than a fancy face. Maybe someday I will get back into stereos again, I still have a couple sets of Alpine flagship components sitting around somewhere lol.

94 1500 RCSB 12v, Joker Fabrication, Farrell Diesel Service, Hamilton Cams, Airdog
11.40 @ 119.28

Old 04-01-2014, 08:05 PM   #24
UNBROKEN

Member`s Gallery
I may try USACi next year...they have a bigger presence in Texas. I'm doing MECA this year since they're so big on the west coast where I am now.

Old 04-01-2014, 09:57 PM   #25
91shelbydaytona

Name: 91shelbydaytona
Member`s Gallery
Usaci events around me were pretty decent usually although I noticed less and less sq vehicles every year and more strict spl builds. The spl thing doesn't appeal to me at all but different folks- different strokes I guess.

94 1500 RCSB 12v, Joker Fabrication, Farrell Diesel Service, Hamilton Cams, Airdog
11.40 @ 119.28

Old 04-02-2014, 02:37 AM   #26
Anklhs

Name: Anklhs
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNBROKEN View Post
I won't try to explain why it's so good...it just is.
I found what is likely the last Clarion DRZ9255 that was brand new in the box on the planet. They stopped making them in 2008 and this is one of the last ones....the plastic had never been opened until today when I got it.
This is the last piece of the puzzle in my bid for world domination in MECA Street class this year.

Click the image to open in full size.
Not the last one, as I have a Clarion DRz-9255 that I purchased new eons ago from Custom Car Stereo in Houston and never used it. It has a nice corner in my audio closet. I open the box from time to time to gawk. At the same time I purchased a new Eclipse 8053.

I had planned on using them, since I have always gone for sound quality however the new gadgets are growing on me.

Old 04-02-2014, 08:36 AM   #27
UNBROKEN

Member`s Gallery
Mine is no longer BNIB...as of last night it's installed and making music.

Old 04-02-2014, 08:45 AM   #28
wideopen

Name: wideopen
Title: Slum Lord
Member`s Gallery
Nice!

Hellmann Performance ~ Keating Machine ~ Engineered Diesel ~ Mumau Diesel ~ GoGo Diesel ~ Hamilton Cams ~ Diesel Innovations ~ Grand Rock Exhaust ~ Smarty

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Molon labe
#FTCS

Old 04-12-2014, 07:22 AM   #29
NEVRNF

Name: NEVRNF
Member`s Gallery
Knowing how rare the Clarion units are. How does the Pioneer DEX-P99RS or a DEH-P880PRS stand up as a alternative choice?
02 Ford Excursion 03 5.9 CR conversion, F1 cam, springs & stg II sticks, ATS Dual Cp3, Floor it pump kit, Air Dog, Garrett stg3 from Turbo Re-Source, BTS trans, Destroked Adapters, PCS Trans Controller, Hypermax Intercooler,EFI Live by Cummins Tuner, 8 lift and 38" tires

Old 04-12-2014, 10:16 AM   #30
UNBROKEN

Member`s Gallery
Either one are great choices.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:21 PM   #31
NEVRNF

Name: NEVRNF
Member`s Gallery
Well we wil see what happens in the next month or 2. I am not really pleased with the Pioneer DVD head unit i have now. If the truck does not sell i think it will be time to go to a head unit that provides the SQ and forget about all of the whistles and bells. Hoping to sell as it is time for me to move on to the next chapter.
02 Ford Excursion 03 5.9 CR conversion, F1 cam, springs & stg II sticks, ATS Dual Cp3, Floor it pump kit, Air Dog, Garrett stg3 from Turbo Re-Source, BTS trans, Destroked Adapters, PCS Trans Controller, Hypermax Intercooler,EFI Live by Cummins Tuner, 8 lift and 38" tires

Old 09-19-2014, 09:34 AM   #32
zwc225

Name: zwc225
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Congrats bro. Good find.

Old 09-19-2014, 09:51 AM   #33
wideopen

Member`s Gallery
Click the image to open in full size.

Hellmann Performance ~ Keating Machine ~ Engineered Diesel ~ Mumau Diesel ~ GoGo Diesel ~ Hamilton Cams ~ Diesel Innovations ~ Grand Rock Exhaust ~ Smarty

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Molon labe
#FTCS

Old 09-19-2014, 10:07 AM   #34
will24

Name: will24
Title: That guy
Member`s Gallery
I feel like someone needs 10 posts Lol

Sent from my flashscan v2

Old 09-19-2014, 10:39 AM   #35
Chris Tobin

Name: Chris Tobin
Member`s Gallery
Back in the day when I was competing in IASCA I used a Sony A100 CD changer as the source unit in my 1967 Camaro. I competed in the Pro 1-100 watt class with an Orion 425 HCCA then swapped it out for a pair of hand tweaked Orion 225 HCCAs.

From my days of audio testing at Car Audio & Electronics magazine I still have the copper chassis Alpine CDA-7949 that I used as well as most of the rest of the speakers and amps I used as my baseline equipment.

Freelance Editor and Photographer
Working with DIESEL WORLD, DIRT SPORTS, MUSCLE CAR POWER & STREET TRUCKS magazines
tobinemail@aol.com
I might be able to help get you in a mag.
Custom poster size photos available. PM or email for info.

Old 09-19-2014, 10:42 AM   #36
wideopen

Member`s Gallery
The Orion HCCA Series I considered Cheating for the 1-100 Class....Just my thoughts.

But damn those amps were awesome!

Molon labe
#FTCS

Old 09-19-2014, 11:52 AM   #37
Chris Tobin

Name: Chris Tobin
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wideopen View Post
The Orion HCCA Series I considered Cheating for the 1-100 Class....Just my thoughts.

But damn those amps were awesome!
EVERYONE in the class was running some kind of high current amplifier in the Pro 1-100 class!!! They were rated at 25 watts per channel, they just happened to continue doubling power each time you reduced the impedance and had tons of dynamic headroom for outstanding sound quality and dynamic control of the speakers!!!

I still have my 225 HCCAs, but I sold my 425 HCCA. The guy tried to get me to buy it back saying he never hooked it up, but I decided to pass since he wanted more than he paid for it. If it were at a cheaper price I probably would have bought it just to hang on the wall as I custom polished the center and fins of the heat sink by hand.

I also still have my Audio Control EQL that I modified to run off the +/- 15V phantom power supply of the Orion amplifiers for better signal to noise ration and sound quality.

I won several local and regional events with the car, but got spanked each time I competed at the World Finals... It was fun though!!!

The Ipod generation has certainly ruined sound quality for the majority leading manufacturers to focus on quantity and convenience over sound quality. One of these days I will rebuild a couple of my sound quality setups so that Kyle can hear what legitimate audiophile quality sound is like and that it does not come from an ipod!!!

Freelance Editor and Photographer
Working with DIESEL WORLD, DIRT SPORTS, MUSCLE CAR POWER & STREET TRUCKS magazines
tobinemail@aol.com
I might be able to help get you in a mag.
Custom poster size photos available. PM or email for info.

Old 09-19-2014, 12:18 PM   #38
4x4dually

Name: 4x4dually
Title: Moderator
Member`s Gallery
Thanks to this thread being alive again...it prompted me to finally google why my AudioControl EpiCenter wasn't working. I switched the LPF off....and holy Lord! Lower octaves may require active rear view mirror stabilization.

Old 09-19-2014, 12:26 PM   #39
Mark Nixon

Name: Mark Nixon
Title: No Savior among the flesh
Member`s Gallery
Stereos? WTF are those?
IF I lsten to it, I'm just happy if it makes enough noise to be heard above the Dakota's loud exhaust.
I barely even listen to the dash box, even on long drives.

Mark.

Old 09-19-2014, 03:08 PM   #40
BigPapa

Name: BigPapa
Title: Truckless
Member`s Gallery
Sports talk and audio books FTW......

2003 Avalanche Z71

Common sense is like deodorant. The people that need it most never use it.

Closed Thread