Couple of quick questions

Mntsnow

The Utah Snowman
Hey guys & gal ;) couple of quicky questions....

On the street tune is the egr turned off?
On the street tune is the converter locked up?

On the looney how about the same questions?

You can have it anyway you want it.
I have a Looney with no egr and no lock up. I dont like the way the truck lugs with the converter locked in low speed in town driving.
I would guess the egr is off but no lock up on street tunes.Looney probably has no egr but does have lock up
But I'm sure DJ or Chris will be along to answer your questions in detail

Thanks Nummit....I'm just wondering how it is in the "standard" tune in those.....

Another question.....Can we get an option to go single rotations per mile on tire size say from 590 to 610 ? which would allow for more acurracy on the speedo's instead of 5 RPM's ?

I know that Domingo turns off the EGR on all of his tunes. I will have to check on the lockups and the tire revolutions for sure.

I feel confident he only has lockup in the looney tunes unless you request it in your street tune.

Good Morning,

DJ does turn off the egr. As far as locking the converter, we lock it in the higher gears. Applicable to both the street and looney.

Thanks,
Vivian

That is what I thought but I wanted to verify before I said anything. Thanks Vivian.

Thanks Vivian. Just confirmed what I thought I was feeling :)

does turning off the egr help it not to puke or does that only work when the egr is turned off

Not sure if I understand you correctly. DJ turns the EGR off in all of our tunes.

If heard of completly manuely removing the egr by putting a pipe in place of it .... so in that case is turning it off the same thing? Or what you refer to as "turning the egr off" actually does the exact same thing as completly removing the egr? THANKS sorry i wasnt very clear last time

Gotcha thanks man, also if you just simply take out the egr or block it so no coolant goes threw it is there any codes or lights that come on? Thanks

Mav said:
does turning off the egr help it not to puke or does that only work when the egr is turned off

Turning off the egr prevents it from getting stuck when it opens and staying open. If you want to prevent the cooler from popping you need to weld the up-pipe to the turbo where it leads to the egr cooler.

DJ :evil

Gotcha thanks man, what kind of numbers are yall getting out of the 6.0 upgrade package? I was thinking i might do that down the line, THANKS

Hi Mav,

DJ is sleeping. May I have a telephone number and he will call you tomorrow or please, feel free to call us 352-528-0688?

Thanks,
Vivian

I popped my EGR recentlt and hadDJ's people weld it up for me. Sucks when they pop and you start overheating cause it's leaking.

Back