HID install in a 03 Ram

zukgod1

Old fart
Hey guys,

Installed quite a few sets of hid's over that last few years but none in a third gen Dodge.

Is there anything specific I need to know about this truck?

As always I'm using a set from VVME. they come with a small relay but only to switch the high/low part of the bi-xenon bulb.
Thanks for your help

And no I didn't search I'm on my phone at the hospital so have some mercy please. :)

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Headlight circuit will need a 55w 5 ohm resistor on it. Then run the relay to power the lights from the battery.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I was reading I actually needed a capacitor not a resistor..
Crap now I'm confused.

Last edited:
Ok so I've had some time to do a bit more research and found that I can use a small capacitor to take care of the flickering so now I'm working on the Lamp Out part.

Anyone been able to take care of this?

Ok so I've had some time to do a bit more research and found that I can use a small capacitor to take care of the flickering so now I'm working on the Lamp Out part.

Anyone been able to take care of this?

did you not follow my link? It takes care of both of those issues...:doh:

I did, just like to build stuff vs buying. Also that harness says it's for a single beam hid with a halogen high/seperate bulb.

Someone knows whats needed without buying although there are times buying something saves ya.

Tks

Galaxy S using Tapatalk pro

What I've ran into was that bixenon's need a capacitor to keep them from flickering and a single beam with a halogen for the hi needs a relay harness. Hope this helps

Ok so I bought the fancy "error eliminator" and nothing. Still have the bulb out on the dash and the high beams are inop.

Yes i used a relay harness.

The current harness plugges into the factory headlight plug on the drivers side. Signal goes into relay box and is dispatched from there to the other side.
Currently I have a capisitor wired in to prevent the ecm from pulsing the headlights.

Any suggestions at this point?

Galaxy S using Tapatalk pro

Back