WTB D80 or similar rear axle for my 1st gen

Begle1

Instead of paying ~$1000 for a rear disk brake conversion for my stock chewed-up 3.07 Dana 70, and another ~$1000 for a limited slip, I'd be super happy to put the money toward a new axle that already has those things.

So does anybody have a good axle laying around with limited slip and disc brakes (or easily-converted to those things) that'd fit under my first gen?

The highest speed limit on Maui is 55 MPH so I don't have much use for a 3.07 rear end anymore... Would be happy with anything between 3.53 and 4.11.

I'd go with a chevy 14bolt.

They are bullet proof tough, cheap and plentiful, and disc brake conversions are cheap.

Only thing difficult with the swap is relocating the spring pads.

Sounds good to me. Anybody got a 14 bolt GM to sell me?

I'll call around the wreckers this week but the salvage yards out here are slim pickings, so I'll probably jump on the first thing I find if it could be made usable. Otherwise probably looking at $1,000 shipping from anywhere on the mainland, which would totally be worth it for a 1-ton axle that was already setup the way I wanted it.

Gonna want a cab chassis 14b if you go that route. I believe 63” WMS width. Nearly everything is going to be wider than your factory axle.

Gonna want a cab chassis 14b if you go that route. I believe 63” WMS width. Nearly everything is going to be wider than your factory axle.

Thanks; what I can live with regarding WMS-to-WMS width is the next thing I'll need to figure out on this project.

I got an 11.5aam with 3.73 and torsion locker for cheap at the local u pull it yard. Width would be an issue on a first gen.

I used one that came out of a 3/4 van. I don't remember the width it was, but was a perfect fit.

I'll be in Pennsylvania for the first two weeks in September, so if anybody had anything suitable in that area then I could do a road trip and figure freight out myself.

I'll be in Pennsylvania for the first two weeks in September, so if anybody had anything suitable in that area then I could do a road trip and figure freight out myself.

PM Snedge. He may be close to where you are headed and might have some ideas on where to look.

What part of PA? If Marietta OH is close enough, 99greencummins is there, his brother deals in trucks and parts. I've bought from him before.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Dillsburg.

I'm going to spend a week or so exhausting my local options and then start to explore elsewhere.

Back