Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech- General Diesel > Import Diesel
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Import Diesel VW TDI, Mercedes, and other Import Diesel Discussion can be found here.

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2020, 09:14 AM   #21
J-Pipes

Name: J-Pipes
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbrad3701 View Post
My 2011 Jetta been doing same thing think I'm gonna change that. My car has that fuel knock a lot worse than my wife's car so hoping this fixes it. Ever had your car going down highway and car just cuts out for sec then right back to normal?
Yes, random internet miss of sorts. Also can feel a slight stumble when going into a regen, will feel it, look and see egt's climbing rapidly. Also should add that while the car does feel a little stronger, and definitely smoother/quieter, it did have an extended crank to start after work last night. And it still doesn't run as smooth as my old '12 did. Just going to keep driving it for now, see if it acts up anymore.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Old 04-13-2020, 12:05 PM   #22
J-Pipes

Member`s Gallery
Well, it kept having extended crank to start and random miss episodes. Dropped it off again Saturday morning, just got a call that VW told them to go ahead and change the high pressure fuel pump. Said mine hadn't grenaded, so it's just a pump swap, not a whole fuel system. Might be ready to pick up tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Old 04-14-2020, 02:00 PM   #23
J-Pipes

Member`s Gallery
Picked the car up, seems good so far. Might be running a little smoother. Hopefully this fixes it this time.

Old 10-23-2020, 07:16 AM   #24
J-Pipes

Member`s Gallery
Another update. About a month or so ago it started with the random, but frequent extended cranking before firing again. Dropped it off last Saturday, Monday they called and said it was throwing codes for glow plugs, and the glow plug control module, so they were going to replace all that, be ready Wed. On Wednesday I called, they said it took a while for it to start that morning when the tech went to get it to do the work, wanted to know if they could keep it until Thursday to check it cold in the morning again, I said yes. Well, same thing Thursday morning, so now they've got an engineer from VW involved, and they've settled on replacing the injectors, finally. Might get to pick it up today if they get the parts in in time. I find it funny, because this whole time I've been convinced it was a fuel system issue, and they can't listen to me! Initially I did suspect the CP4 with the reputation they have, and they was finally replaced a few months into this. Thankfully this is all under their extended warranty, otherwise it probably wouldn't be at the dealer. I'd probably be trying to convince the boys in Plain City to expand their knowledge onto the TDI'S! I have asked when I dynoed my truck, they said they had no plans to get into these cars, unfortunately.

Old 06-07-2021, 07:10 AM   #25
J-Pipes

Member`s Gallery
What a mess this is turning into. The car has been at the dealership almost as much as I've had it over the past 6-8 months or so. At this point they've replaced the entire fuel system, tried blaming it on a "bad battery", even tore the engine down and claimed it was because there was something wrong with no.3 rod which they replaced, then tried blaming it on "bad fuel", and this last time they claimed the dead radio had a slight electrical draw that was causing a delay in the fuel pump kicking on...
The best part is two days after I dropped it off the last time the warranty expired. So, even though this is a long running, we'll documented problem, they're telling me anything else would be all on me!
I just picked it up on Friday after work, drove it to work on Saturday, it sat Sunday, went to start it this morning, and surprise surprise, it cranked for a while before finally starting. At this point I just want to be done with it, but I can't just sell it to someone else and not feel like I'm screwing them over the VW is doing me.
I did already start a claim through VW customer service, which was supposed to call me back last Tuesday... I'm going to call the dealer today when they open, tell them to print me off the report from every visit, and the get back ahold of that VW rep, tell him he has today to call me back, or my next steps are filing BBB complaint, and consulting and attorney. I either want it fixed, or feel like they should buy it back, hell at this point I don't even care about trying to get top market value, just pay it off!

Old 06-07-2021, 08:04 AM   #26
mhuggler

Name: mhuggler
Title: One piece at a time
Member`s Gallery
Start adding your own additional check valves. If it isn't a speed sensor/tone wheel issue, you'll find the problem.
2002 2500 4x4 ETH/DEE-F1 Mach 5's/62/65/12/Smarty/ATS Ex.manifold/AFE intake/TST Comp./.020 marine gasket/o-ringed/ARP studs/5"stacks/Airdog 150/Isspro guages/Southbend 3600 DD/3.54 gears/leveling kit/Bilstein 5100frt,5150rr/37" BFG A/T's on 18" Eagle 114's/Borgeson SS/DSS

Closed Thread