Helix 2 vs MaxSpool? Opinions

DIESEL POWER said:
ok.......lets see how smart you are?

your truck goes how fast?

my truck goes how fast?

and the verdict is.........you have no clue what your talking about.

Wow...just wow..

Since when does Fast Truck = Knowledge?

You have proven time and time again that this does not stand true.

The only thing you do fast is spew worthless drivel.

Ok like the feedback I got from alot of you guys and another question? how many are running aftermarket valve springs and who isn't.

Thanks Brett

I know most run springs with the H2 and some haven't, but didn't know what people were running with the MaxSpool, Im guessing if your not turning over 3600 with the MaxSpool stock springs would be fine depending on the grind.And not running over 60lbs of boost from how i take it from Greg

I have a Helix 2 and Don's springs. I've got about 250 1/4 mile passes on the cam, and have had no problems. It spools the turbos quicker (especially on hot, high altitude days), lower EGT's and less smoke at lower rpms, and pulls better at the top end.

I have not tried a Max Spool cam.

Paul

FWIW on the springs, I watched a buddy of mine pick up almost 100tq just by installing don's springs. Another buddy of mine noticed a huge increase in back pressure from his exhaust brake after installing don's springs as well. Both scenarios prove that the stock springs are weak and should be replaced. Neither of these guys are running an aftermarket cam but both are running twins. One at 55psi and the other at ~60psi. So I'd imagine you'd see a noticeable difference when running springs on an aftermarket cam.

That Guy said:
I see I have frustrated you to the point of a winner being decided from your supposed achievements and contributions. You win, I know nothing and resolve myself unto a bed of tainted pictures of your latest turbo install.
thank you.

Don M said:
Gus, I have asked you countless times to get my logo removed from your webpage and you have still failed to do so. You are not a dealer for me and never have been.

The horsepower and track times you have listed in your signature was done using Olees engine work, turbo work, my injectors and camshaft, but you still hold on to those numbers as though your current parts are the reason you made them. The truth is, the truck made those numbers with the cam and injectors you bad mouth daily.

Now get my logo off your page.

Oil was test - truck wasn't run hot there's proof. Olee's engine work - :hehe: Man I have heard it all. I have numbers on both cams and I will say the numbers say it all. Best wishes Don.

farmboysdiesel said:
Oil was test - truck wasn't run hot there's proof. Olee's engine work - :hehe: Man I have heard it all. I have numbers on both cams and I will say the numbers say it all. Best wishes Don.

Do you mean the oil was a "test " oil, or that you had the oil tested?? How do you have proof that the truck wasn't run hot? Another video?

I find it hilarious that you can actually believe that a truck with coolant pouring out of a crack in the side of a block wouldn't be hotter in some places than others?

You do your own engine work??
Thanks, but no thanks!
Chris

And before you say anything, I realize my truck is SLOW...but I don't blame anyone else for problems that I have created myself;)

Signature600 said:
Do you mean the oil was a "test " oil, or that you had the oil tested?? How do you have proof that the truck wasn't run hot? Another video?

I find it hilarious that you can actually believe that a truck with coolant pouring out of a crack in the side of a block wouldn't be hotter in some places than others?

You do your own engine work??
Thanks, but no thanks!
Chris

And before you say anything, I realize my truck is SLOW...but I don't blame anyone else for problems that I have created myself;)

LOL Just keep blabbin. :blahblah1:

farmboysdiesel said:
I have numbers on both cams and I will say the numbers say it all.

I would love to see the dyno charts..... TQ and HP curves tell a ton and it would be nice to compare. But enless the truck engine was identical with both cams the graphs won't tell the story we are looking for.

dzlfarmboy said:
Yeah no Chit, dont crap up my thread, make you opinion/statement and mooove along

Sorry 'bout that Brett...I apologize!

Sometime in the (hopefully near) future I'll be installing a Helix 2 in my 12v, so I can have at least some good info to add!

Chris

Im just messin but i do like some good facts, I think my Nitrous thread stayed on topic the whole way through for once. We'll save the BS for Wades threads:hehe:

dzlfarmboy said:
Im just messin but i do like some good facts, I think my Nitrous thread stayed on topic the whole way through for once. We'll save the BS for Wades threads:hehe:

I'll buy that!

That Guy said:
Sportsman springs with the Helix 2, stock valvetrain with the Max Spool 2. It depends on what your maximum RPM will be to make a decision one way or the other.

So what kind of rpms would that cam and stock springs support? I've heard 3100 for the helix 2 and stock springs.

Back