Lease/rent?

Does anybody have any advice on how I can become redneck enough to listen to tractor podcasts? They sound like a lot of fun, but I just don't feel like I'm there yet.
"Straight forward farming" is the name of the podcast Jory is referring too, personally I like "off the husk" a little better myself.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

To clarify, if the t/a goes, the direct gears still work correct? Just no low side? Probably wouldn't see any heavy work, guy I talking about makes hay, no tillage work. Also no intentions of adding power, not going down that never ending financial path!

Yep, just have half the gears, be the same as a 4020 then LOL

Just like EVERYTHING in my life right now. LOL

I had to look that "T/A" thing up. Wasn't familiar with the red stuff or its acronyms. Interesting. I guess the 4020 just makes enough power it doesn't need to amplify it? :hehe:

4020 95 WEAK HP....
1066 is 125 pretty decent HP if factory, the engine would handle a ton extra, the rear end, not so much. The T/A, about 62HP for reliability LOL

4020's are literally like Assholes, everyone has them, most stink, some are crusty, some are worn out, and a few actually work like they should. They are good tractors, if you hate having controls where you can reach them, like being cramped on a tiny little platform, BUT, you can at least buy aftermarket parts for them that are worth a hoot!

Chris

Yeah, family friend played with the pump on his, fresh overhaul, claimed he turned it back down because it was using too much fuel, then we put it on the dyno. Was still at 202hp! The one I'm looking at, he said the IH dealer he bought it from told him it was turned up 10%, he said it doesn't blow any smoke though. I said good, my truck can handle that just fine!

Back