Allison Builder Recommendations

Carbur8tr

Let me lead with this is for my Ram 3500 that I’m planning to run with ATS’ electronics for the 68 to Allison conversion.

I’ve never been a fan of ATS on any front but I want a transmission that will last and so far they are the only ones to offer a semi complete electronics package for the swap. The 68rfe built is still a polished turd in my opinion and the same is true for what I’ve seen from any “built” ATS transmission.

Regardless of the application, I would like to hear some thoughts on who everyone likes as far as builders go. Most of what I’ve read people seem to like Suncoast but I’ve also seen a few others mentioned and wanted to get some more thoughts on paper.

Inglewood Transmission. Mike semi-retired and Evan that ran Limitless Diesel bought it, both great guys to deal with. Evan can sell you a kit or whole trans.

Agreed. I don't know anyone who did Allison work but someone who had a 48re rebuilt from Mike at Inglewood. Straight shooter and come highly recommended from what I've read.

Let me lead with this is for my Ram 3500 that I’m planning to run with ATS’ electronics for the 68 to Allison conversion.

I’ve never been a fan of ATS on any front but I want a transmission that will last and so far they are the only ones to offer a semi complete electronics package for the swap. The 68rfe built is still a polished turd in my opinion and the same is true for what I’ve seen from any “built” ATS transmission.

Regardless of the application, I would like to hear some thoughts on who everyone likes as far as builders go. Most of what I’ve read people seem to like Suncoast but I’ve also seen a few others mentioned and wanted to get some more thoughts on paper.

Dmitri Millard at No Zone is the go to guy to build an Allison. A lot of people talk shit on him because of his attitude and sparkly pants... but he can put together a solid Allison unit.

Back