Upping the HP on 08 LMM

SeeYaLater5.9

Farmer of the year!!
Buddy of mine got a 08 LMM lookin for a little more powwahh. He wants..

5" exhaust Turbo back, Full deletes
Tuner to compensate

Under $1300ish

What else should he address?

So theres nothing out there but EFI live that can compensate for full deletes? He was sayin something about Edge Race CS or something along those lines and wanting to do full deletes. I didnt think Edge offered anything to compensate for this?

What companys offer a full delete 5" TBE kit?

I think the only other option might be a PPE tuner, but i'm not sure if they do the full delete package or not

The ppe will do it, you can run deletes with it, The edge race stuff is discontinued, due to our new wonderful smog laws in this ****ty state of California... Not sure if there are Guys ppe tuned with over 500 hp though

PPE will take care of EGR and DPF codes but things like the throttle body and air intake heater that you'll lose when you delete the EGR it doesn't compensate for I don't think.

turbo back exhaust $350
EFI LIVE tuned ECM from ATPTRUCKS with dsp5 switch - $400 AT THE MOST!
EGR BLOCKER PLATE - $10

DONE AND DONE under $1000 and you have 5 tunes to switch from on the dsp5

also 5" exhaust is not needed and is a pain for fitment.. 4 inch is also cheaper.. there is really nothing better about 5 inch maybe a little deeper sound which on a LMM isnt going to be much

I am running an H&S mini max with full egr delete using SDP's tube, modified up pipe, a batmowheel in the stock turbo, 5" exhaust, a K&N intake with afe filter and i couldn't ask for a better daily driver it has plenty of power and gets great mileage 17 city 21 hwy.

its true you cannot do much better than efi live. Im about to go pretuned dsp5 keylock route with my lmm. however, i am currently running full deletes right now with 4" mbrp aluminized turbo back and 7" stainless tip tucked under the bed a tad. I use the Quadzilla stealth 2 tuner on 90 hp with dpf delete update. you have 7 tunes to choose from stock level to 135 hp proven RWHP numbers. brand new you can find this tuner for under $400 and its not a bad tuner. its a little smokey and more timing and fuel are added than desired but some people like that. Im also running transgo jr and a boost lockup kit in the trans. im putting down close to 450 RWHP 17 mpg city 21 mpg hwy. stock air system is good to 500+ hp.

Lift pump, Tunes and exhaust as far as tunes hes gotta be nuts for not going with EFI live its simply the best!

Back