HP modified 12 valve lift pump

It's a modified Cummins mechanical lift pump. So far in testing, it will support about 700 HP. We hit 775 HP with one on the Junker but it was pulling lift pump pressure down to zero psi. We are still testing to see if the lift pump is not keeping up, or if the factory filter is the restriction at that power level. On our shop truck/other test mule, a fairly simple 95' with a factory 160HP pump, we're maintaining 50 psi lift pump pressure at 500 RWHP (uncorrected).

Anyway, the stage 1 version is what's being offered on the website right now. As more testing is completed, we'll publish "official" flow numbers and HP levels, but the above info should give you an idea if the current pump is a good fit for your application (stock up to 700ish HP)

Is this the one you guys were working on with ghostman?

No, Ghostman's pump was discontinued by the manufacturer so we never proceeded with testing on it. I was curious to see how it would flow but became disinterested when it was not a viable product/solution.

Well, keep up the good work. I'd love this over a noisy electric lift pump if it's just an update on the old design and it truly is reliable.

Are there concerns about cam lobe wear with what I'm assuming is a larger bore = more force to push more volume?

I've always been tempted to port and polish a stock pump and see what it can do. Plenty of restrictions in a stock pump.

This could solve some of my dilemmas. I wanted to keep the simplicity of the mechanical lift pump, but it looked like electric was going to be the only option. I tried the spring mod. It helped slightly on my Fummins. It didn't help on my Wife's dually.

I'm definitely following this. I may have to buy 2 later this summer.

i'm interested in this pump also. it will be feeding a 13mm p7100 if it can keep up.
are you going to offer a stage 2 pump? i would rather use a mechanical pump than the 2 electric pumps i currently have, but they do keep it at 70psi
thanks, ed

How many miles/hours have you put on one so far? Curious about longevity once it's modified.
We are rapidly accruing miles on my daily driver, as well as a couple of other 12 valves that we can keep an eye on, so far so good. The stage 1 is mild enough that I suspect it will hold just as good as a stock pump, although it is capable of much more pressure which depending on overflow valve setup, could put more wear on the seals.

Well, keep up the good work. I'd love this over a noisy electric lift pump if it's just an update on the old design and it truly is reliable.

Are there concerns about cam lobe wear with what I'm assuming is a larger bore = more force to push more volume?

The stage 1 pump is mild enough that cam lobe wear is not a concern, but on the larger pumps we're working on, it could be a concern and we've been crunching some numbers based on flat tappet cam technology to see how much force we can safely produce with the cam lobe.

In for this. Might fit my truck better then the A1000 setup
The A1000 is a pretty good setup, the problem with it and any other electrical pump is they struggle to maintain volume and decent life expectancy when pressure is set in the 45+ psi range.

Probably shimming the spring inside?
We tried shimming the stock spring, it gets into coil bind before we saw useful flow gains in the upper rpm range. Yes, our stage 1 pumps do have higher spring force to prevent floating in the higher rpm range.

i'm interested in this pump also. it will be feeding a 13mm p7100 if it can keep up.
are you going to offer a stage 2 pump? i would rather use a mechanical pump than the 2 electric pumps i currently have, but they do keep it at 70psi
thanks, ed
We are going to release a stage 2 pump because I eventually want a mechanical cam driven pump that will flow enough to keep up with my Junker Drag Truck's fueling needs. Currently, my 650 cc 12mm pump can pull a stage 1 down to zero psi at full rack travel, so no, it's not enough lift pump to support a tuned up 13mm pump.

However, our stage 1 mechanical lift pump with a simple 140 GPH electric pump force feeding the mechanical pump will keep up with my 650cc pump and maintain about 50 psi pressure.

However, our stage 1 mechanical lift pump with a simple 140 GPH electric pump force feeding the mechanical pump will keep up with my 650cc pump and maintain about 50 psi pressure.

Thats awesome news! Ill just toss one in front of my AD150. My truck is going to be strictly PDP parts here soon enough haha

With a stage 1 pump can I put fuel filters in front of it? Will it have enough suction for that or would the filters have to go after on the pressure side?

Back