Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 10:33 AM   #101
kole32

Name: kole32
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
I can't speak directly for them but what I gathered was they had an internal leak in their air to water intercooler on the drag strip. Then had some sort of injector issue and no water in their intercooler on the dyno

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

I talked to Todd down there and he said the hub for adjustable gear was machined wrong and caused the keyway to shear off the pump while they were on the dyno.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1993 w250, 215hp pump benched by Seth. 5ks. Hamilton valve springs, colt 181/218 cam, fire ringed head. Airdog 150 at 45psi torktek ofv 6x16 injectors, timing is roughly 30*. S366 soon to have a s475 with it.

Old 05-02-2017, 12:31 PM   #102
TheHammer

Name: TheHammer
Title: broke
Member`s Gallery
only puller in it was jesse warren. i expected his truck to do a tad better on the sled track then what it did. still cool to see. as for the pdd truck, it had a crack in the a2w and as it achieved boost pressure xx, it filled the intake full of water, but for those who werent there, i can assure you as it was coming up on boost before nearly snuffing on water, it wanted to hall the mail, would like to see at full potential. the dyno it lost the hub on the timing gear, couldnt get out of seth which gear was used as he is very professional and doesnt like throwing people under the bus. the 3.0 truck that set the sled had a much better track then the majority of the trucks. little dust. and it wouldve ended up 3rd or 4th.

Old 05-02-2017, 06:27 PM   #103
Big Blue24

Name: Big Blue24
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
I think the Husker 3.0 truck pulled 322' to be exact, it had a great hook, smooth pull till is spun out at the end, awesome machine and shows what a real chassis setup is capable of! I don't know much about sled pulling, but the track had higher moisture content and a much tighter top layer when Husker pulled which I assume would be an advantage for a DOT tire setup that wasn't there for the UCC competitors. The track seemed to get worse and worse after each pull, luckily we were 4th or 5th down the track so it wasn't a total dust bowl after digging down an inch or so. The later the pulls, the drier/looser the track became. They (UCC) did add a bunch of water to the track for the second round of pulls so anyone complaining about the dry conditions should have little complaints about the second round. As I recall, Armor Inc. pulled very similar but a little shorter on their second pull on the "tighter" track but they were running with 1500ish HP to the tires full fueling plus a 060" jet or something like that. I heard Fleece pulled a little power out of their truck for the second round but it looks like a driveline failure ended their second run short. They were running an NV4500/pulling clutch setup for those wondering. DNR customs seemed to have a great second pull going till the motor blew up and run was halted about 10' short of their first pull.

We ran down the track with exactly 720 cc's of fueling, this put power to the tires in the 1700 HP to 2000 HP range, we don't have accurate chassis dyno numbers at that fueling setting but we were doing very very close to 3RWHP per CC on this Farrell 16mm pump at other fueling settings whereas we never exceeded 2RWHP per CC on the old Northeast 13mm pump.

After seeing a few different camera angles, it does look like we ran out of power at the end of the pull and that's when the bouncing started. For the second hook the plan was to hit it with about 1250 cc's and see what happened but the converter didn't want to stay unlocked after the first spoolup attempt. Something about 300 psi line pressure doesn't jive well with multiple spoolup attempts and hot fluid.... Luckily the case never broke and our "secret squirrel" pressure relief mods did their job. I'm not sure the maraging intermediate shaft can handle 2000+ RWHP, but we wanted to try it!

For those who thought 6 cut tires was too much, the short answer is, it wasn't for that track and conditions.
For a contingency, if 6 tires are too much for a "power track", we'd simply remove the two outer rear tires and pull with 4 tires. There are (2) pull attempts so why not get crazy and try something new.

If we get invited next year, and rules still allow (6) cut tires, we likely will run (6) cut tires for the first pull.
OEM 12v Block

Old 05-02-2017, 09:46 PM   #104
mfsuper90

Name: mfsuper90
Title: 300ft is all I need
Member`s Gallery
Loved watching all the videos of the pulls, drags and dynos

I would like to see UCC have the pulls on a heavy clay track where the power can be put to the ground and be used. That would defintley test people driveline setups
'14 Ram Anarchy EFI, G56

Old 05-03-2017, 03:56 AM   #105
Bodacious

Name: Bodacious
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
After seeing a few different camera angles, it does look like we ran out of power at the end of the pull

Ain't no one on this earth can take that win away from you fellas, BOTTOM LINE. All you fellas needed was a little more time. With Todd, yourself, and the crew and lets just say one more month of regular (not down to the wire) testing.

Next year is most definitely going to get interesting. I'm not sure on the 2wd puller deal. Doing research now.

Also, IMHO from a general spectator standpoint, sure would be nice to have something in between the UCC competitors to keep the crowd entertained.

... ... ...

Last edited by Bodacious; 05-03-2017 at 04:00 AM.

Closed Thread