Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > Industrial Injection
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 06:31 AM   #41
4x4dually

Name: 4x4dually
Title: Moderator
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronk View Post
People hate on Baca and industrial injection a lot in this forum but I respect them for sticking to the CR injection and not selling out to the mechanical injection sigma Gods. The look on everybody when they realized Baca still won the dyno... Priceless!
I think a ton of folks fully expected II to win the dyno with the most hp....that was no surprise...also, it was no surprise that none of that power could make it to the ground on the strip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmega3500 View Post
Next year will be what matters....
....and folks said this after the even last year too....Bernie.....

Old 04-24-2017, 06:59 AM   #42
oldestof11

Name: oldestof11
Title: Drag racer
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_importer View Post
They threw a motor together with parts that Drew wouldn't sell, because they were flawed, and borrowed a pump from Columbus because that's what people wanted to see. Ended up make less overall power numbers from being so difficult to load it and keep everything right. He didn't sell out, they were putting on a show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The load wasn't the issue...

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using Tapatalk

Old 04-24-2017, 09:31 AM   #43
Justappumped24v

Name: Justappumped24v
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Actually talking to lavon about it load was the issue, and a very touchy hand throttle

Old 04-24-2017, 11:52 AM   #44
TTR 21

Name: TTR 21
Title: Human Spear
Member`s Gallery
I do not know all the details on the issues we had as I was not there but I believe the biggest issues we had were with the new transmission setup. We had a faulty speed sensor causing the PCS controller to freak out and not shift when it was supposed to. We were also twisting the shafts pretty bad every time and having to replace them. The only testing we had was on the chassis dyno to set up the shifting with the PCS. This was all done 2 days before they left. 90% of this truck was built after hours as well. During the day everyone was going about their normal daily routine taking care of customers and their needs. We definitely didn't come 100% dialed in and tested but still showed up to put on a good show for the fans of the diesel industry.

We learned a lot from our issues and failures during this event which equates to a win in our book. Every competitor pushed the envelope this year and tried new things to help promote and push the industry to new levels.

Congrats to everyone who competed, busted their asses and spent thousands of dollars to put on a show for the fans and help further the industry in a positive manor.

Old 04-24-2017, 12:17 PM   #45
jlbayes

Name: jlbayes
Member`s Gallery
I'm not a baca fan but I'll say he as well as the support team tried like hell to get that thing down the drag strip. The last run he made when the rear tires jumped off the ground was wild. Randys dually is something else as well.

Old 04-24-2017, 12:37 PM   #46
wideopen

Name: wideopen
Title: Slum Lord
Member`s Gallery
I have mad respect for all the Competitors and their teams! Some went out due to Catastrophic failure, some due to just bad luck/decision.

Not a one of these teams should really catch any slack for their performance...even Baca. They struggled all weekend and were only one broke transmission from finishing in the top 3. Weather you like him or not he does deserve a little respect for his efforts.

I'll step off of my Soap Box now.

Hellmann Performance ~ Keating Machine ~ Engineered Diesel ~ Mumau Diesel ~ GoGo Diesel ~ Hamilton Cams ~ Diesel Innovations ~ Grand Rock Exhaust ~ Smarty

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Molon labe
#FTCS

Old 04-24-2017, 12:38 PM   #47
4x4dually

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wideopen View Post
I have mad respect for all the Competitors and their teams! Some went out due to Catastrophic failure, some due to just bad luck/decision.

Not a one of these teams should really catch any slack for their performance...even Baca. They struggled all weekend and were only one broke transmission from finishing in the top 3. Weather you like him or not he does deserve a little respect for his efforts.

I'll step off of my Soap Box now.
Completely agree, Phil....but I'm still going to forward all the funny II truck memes.

Old 04-24-2017, 12:55 PM   #48
TheHammer

Name: TheHammer
Title: broke
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4dually View Post
Completely agree, Phil....but I'm still going to forward all the funny II truck memes.
thats awesome...

From what i overheard and conversated in, just about everyone anticipated the overall results of the top2, drags and dyno. The drags were a disappointment from the stands. sucks so many had carnage or issues. wouldve like to see most of those guys making solid passes at the permitable track potential that day. happy to see a mechanical truck win the sled pulls, even as exotic as it was. i hope next year the competitors dont burn themselves out before the event trying to raise the bar so high. thanks to the competitors and teams who conversated with the normal folk fans and enthusiasts.

Old 04-24-2017, 01:33 PM   #49
RascalMafia

Name: RascalMafia
Title: heyyyyyyy girrrrrrrl
Member`s Gallery
How does ii have "sub-par engineering" compared to D&J/Firepunk?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
'01 F350 7.3 / ZF6

Old 04-24-2017, 01:39 PM   #50
J-Pipes

Name: J-Pipes
Member`s Gallery
Maybe because they can make a pass on the strip or sled? I'm really thinking they need a benchmark for each event, and that maybe II should be that for the dyno. Maybe Milliken in his green car for the races, and haisley/Kellogg for the pulls.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Old 04-24-2017, 01:55 PM   #51
sootie

Name: sootie
Title: .....like a BAWSS
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Ok think of this..... Baca came into it with a bad motor and still laid out 2400hp. Lavons setup is obviously geared toward keeping it together, but in this industry what sells the most.... slip times or HP #s....

The real winner is still industrial since they obviously made Lavon feel he had something to prove and they were living rent free on Firepunks brain for him to light his engine bay on fire on the dyno!

Ponies are what drive the sales and frankly for II having sub-par engineering into their setup compared to Firepunk/D&J the ROI for II winning the dyno will be significantly greater.

Imho Reyes has the most impressive setup when his power hooks at the weight he races at.
wut? some flawed logic there...

Old 04-24-2017, 02:06 PM   #52
4x4dually

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sootie View Post
wut? some flawed logic there...
No lie. He's not famous for educated posts if you look back a year or so.

Obviously, "geared toward staying together" was a good plan. Indigestional Infection isn't holding a check for $20K.

Old 04-24-2017, 02:06 PM   #53
Phooker

Name: Phooker
Title: Gluten Free
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Funny how the elevation in Idaho falls is higher than salt lake, but Firepunk went bigger on the compounds and it back fired.
You truly don't understand what was on that dyno do you?

Old 04-24-2017, 02:09 PM   #54
4x4dually

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Imho Reyes has the most impressive setup when his power hooks at the weight he races at.
Schidt.....Josh can twist drive shafts with his bare hands.

Click the image to open in full size.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg image1.JPG (100.9 KB, 0 views)

Old 04-24-2017, 02:43 PM   #55
j.fondler

Name: j.fondler
Title: Slow Learner
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTR 21 View Post
We definitely didn't come 100% dialed in and tested about the only thing i can agree with here...

We learned a lot from our issues and failures during this event which equates to a win in our book.
oh, that's cute, a moral victory. EVERYONE GETS A TROPHY! good to see y'all have fully embraced the millennial way of thinking.

Quote:
Ok think of this..... Baca came into it with a bad motor and still laid out 2400hp. Lavons setup is obviously geared toward keeping it together, but in this industry what sells the most.... slip times or HP #s....

The real winner is still industrial.

Ponies are what drive the sales
this is one of the dumbest things i've ever heard. "hey, you can either buy a setup that will make 1000hp on the dyno once or twice and can't make a pass or one that makes 900hp and is the fastest, most reliable truck on the block." which one are you gonna choose?

and again, with the moral victory BS. the REAL winner was Firepunk. literally, they won the event...

edit: oh and everyone is talking about them in a positive light. so keep thinking that they didn't win the PR portion of the event too. clown.
12 3500 - studZ, deleteZ, tuneZ

Last edited by j.fondler; 04-24-2017 at 02:45 PM.

Old 04-24-2017, 02:43 PM   #56
4x4dually

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
You show us another 8,800 lb dually running a 10....
That was a joke.

And you are correct...only II will get money from the event beyond the check. The overall win will in no way increase the punks sales.

It is pointless to argue with you. Rectal-cranial inversion is a horrible disease. Parents....vaccinate your children please.

Old 04-24-2017, 02:48 PM   #57
smokin1997

Name: smokin1997
Title: I Know Nothing
Member`s Gallery
Quote:

The real winner is still industrial since they obviously made Lavon feel he had something to prove and they were living rent free on Firepunks brain for him to light his engine bay on fire on the dyno!

Ponies are what drive the sales and frankly for II having sub-par engineering into their setup compared to Firepunk/D&J the ROI for II winning the dyno will be significantly greater.

Apparently you never saw the amount of hours and time that Lavon and the Firepunk Crew put into the motors and setup they brought to this event?
Every shop/team put a lot of dollars into this competition, not just Firepunk. And if you don't think that II put a bunch of money into that Baca's truck also, you're drunk.
Major props to Lavon and team for taking the time to research, fail, research some more and finally come out on top. That team is the winner no matter how you look at it

1997 Dodge Super Street puller "Never Ending" SOLD

TurboPerformanceProducts.com

Old 04-24-2017, 03:22 PM   #58
bracker8040

Name: bracker8040
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Pipes View Post
I'm really thinking they need a benchmark for each event, and haisley/Kellogg for the pulls.
The test hook in the sled pulling event was a 3.0" smooth bore truck on DOT tires, and it went further than the truck that won the event, I certainly don't think a Super Stock should be the "benchmark".

Old 04-24-2017, 03:24 PM   #59
Big Boy Toys

Name: Big Boy Toys
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Hell yeah, rebuilt front end with new wraps expensive lol!
Are you saying thats all II did to prepare Baca's truck ready for UCC?

Old 04-24-2017, 03:25 PM   #60
YoungDiesel27

Name: YoungDiesel27
Title: Never Enough Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bracker8040 View Post
The test hook in the sled pulling event was a 3.0" smooth bore truck on DOT tires, and it went further than the truck that won the event, I certainly don't think a Super Stock should be the "benchmark".
Exactly what I was thinking. I bet the sled operator was really giving it some thought as to what settings he would use on such a variety of trucks.

Closed Thread