Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Competition Events and Get-Togethers > Diesels for Christ
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 08:56 AM   #21
GOLDDUSTERS5703

Name: GOLDDUSTERS5703
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
First Church Of The Lampstand

ODB RADIO: Listen Now | Download
READ: Revelation 1:10–2:5

Repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand. — Revelation 2:5

I love it when churches have names like “King of Glory Lutheran Church ” or “Alpha and Omega Missionary Baptist Church.” If the church in Ephesus were still around, maybe we’d call them something nifty like “ First Church of the Lampstand.”

We often miss the significance of John’s glorious vision in Revelation 1 of Jesus standing among the seven golden lampstands. These weren’t just decorative candelabras but substantial sources of light. How significant, then, that the lampstands represent the seven churches who were called to bring the light of Jesus into a very dark world.

We live in a dark world that desperately needs the candlepower of Christ shining through us. Let’s be careful, then, not to repeat the mistake of the Ephesians who “left [their] first love” (Rev. 2:4). Although praised for doing many things well, they had failed to keep Jesus in first place.

It’s easy to let things crowd Jesus out until soon we’re doing “church work” for all the wrong reasons. What then? We lose our impact. Jesus warned, “Repent and do the first works, or else I will . . . remove your lampstand from its place” (v.5). We can’t afford to let that happen. Keep Jesus in first place so that His light will continue to shine brightly in this dark world. — Joe Stowell

Lord, help us always put You first
In everything we say and do
So that Your light will shine through us
And show the world their need of You. —Sper

Works that are done out of love for Jesus shine brightest in a dark world.

PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Old 07-15-2009, 03:31 PM   #22
98 DodgeCummins

Name: 98 DodgeCummins
Title: RZNP8TS
Member`s Gallery
Hey congrats on your new baby girl. How is your wife doing? Thank you for all the wonderful devotations that you post here. Even though I am new, I have enjoyed reading all of the them.. Thank you so very much.. God bless you and your family. And God bless everyone here.

"Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you." Ephesians 4:32

Old 07-16-2009, 10:16 AM   #23
GOLDDUSTERS5703

Member`s Gallery
thank you soooo much she has been such a gift to us!!! now to teach her the difference between night and day lol. the wife is almost back to 100 percent!!! thanks again!!!!

Old 07-16-2009, 09:08 PM   #24
chromedome1

Name: chromedome1
Title: Diesel for life.
Member`s Gallery
congrats, i love to read your post. thanks

Old 07-17-2009, 08:54 AM   #25
GOLDDUSTERS5703

Member`s Gallery
Behind The Building

READ: 1 Peter 4:8-11

Be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord. —1 Corinthians 15:58

Where we were working was hot, dirty, and it smelled bad. We had traveled thousands of miles to do some work projects, and on this day we were painting the back of a classroom building at a school for the deaf. The only people who would ever see this part of the building would be the guy who cut the grass and any unfortunate person who would have to work on the septic pit.

Yet, as the young adults diligently painted away, one of the girls, Melissa, put it in perspective by saying, “Nobody will ever come back here to see this, but God will see it. So let’s make it look nice.” And so we did.

Sometimes we sit at our desk and think no one sees our work. Or we stand at a line assembling item after endless item. Perhaps we take care of crying babies in the church nursery. Or we live the best Christian life we can—without anyone noticing.

Often our work is “behind the building.” But if that is what God has called us to do, we need to work with all our heart. As part of our calling to love others deeply (1 Peter 4:8), offer hospitality (v.9), and use our gifts to serve others (v.10), our task is to work with God’s strength to bring praise and glory to God, not ourselves. The important thing is that God likes what He sees. — Dave Branon

Though others may not observe us
And see how we serve God today,
Our job as servants of Jesus
Is to please Him in every way. —Branon

No service for Christ goes unnoticed by Him.

Old 07-17-2009, 02:54 PM   #26
Southpaw

Name: Southpaw
Title: Slower than most
Member`s Gallery
^That's my favorite one so far.....

'02 F-250/CC/LB
aFe II, 6" stack, DP-tuned, JWVB, ATS housing, WW, and a whole lot of other stuff that noone cares about.

<><

COLOSSIANS 2:8

Old 07-17-2009, 04:04 PM   #27
Big Swole

Name: Big Swole
Title: MegaInterceptor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
^That's my favorite one so far.....
Amen!!! X2^

Thank you Golddusters
-2006 Honda S2000 - SOS Supercharged - 397 whp - Silverstone Metallic
-2016 RAM 2500 MegaCab Diesel - Silver (Tuned)
-HERS
-2019 718 Boxster S - Miami Blue 6MT, Cobb Tune, Soul, Ohlins,
-2014 958.1 Cayenne S - Umber Metallic / Luxor Beige
-2013 Honda Civic S.i.Coupe - 6MT

Old 07-17-2009, 05:35 PM   #28
GOLDDUSTERS5703

Member`s Gallery
x3 that one really hits home for me! dont know about u guys but this is a daily battle for me... one side of me is always there saying "take the easy way out nobodys lookin" just have stay strong in my faith remember joshua 1:9 - Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid: do not be discouraged, for God is with you wherever you go. - GETCHASUM!!!!

Old 07-18-2009, 07:47 AM   #29
GOLDDUSTERS5703

Member`s Gallery
When The Ground Shakes

READ: Psalm 18:1-6

In my distress, I called upon the Lord. —Psalm 18:6

Several days after a devastating earthquake in the San Francisco area, a young boy was seen rocking and swaying on the school playground. His principal asked him if he was okay, and the boy nodded yes and said, “I am moving like the earth, so if there’s another earthquake I won’t feel it.” He wanted to prepare himself for another shaking of the ground.

Sometimes after a trauma, we brace ourselves for what might be coming next. If we’ve had a phone call that brought bad news, every time the phone rings we feel panicky and wonder, What has happened now?

The “ground was shaking” for the psalmist David after King Saul tried to kill him (1 Sam. 19:10). He ran and hid. He thought death was next and told his friend Jonathan, “There is but a step between me and death” (20:3). He wrote, “The pangs of death surrounded me, and the floods of ungodliness made me afraid” (Ps. 18:4).

David cried to the Lord in his distress (v.6) and found that He was a stabilizer, One he could trust would always be with him. He said, “The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; . . . my stronghold” (v.2). The Lord will be that for us also when the ground shakes under us. — Anne Cetas

The Lord’s our Rock, in Him we hide,
A shelter in the time of storm;
Secure whatever ill betide,
A shelter in the time of storm. —Charlesworth

To survive the storms of life, be anchored to the Rock of Ages.

Old 07-18-2009, 09:49 PM   #30
98 DodgeCummins

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDDUSTERS5703 View Post
Often our work is “behind the building.” But if that is what God has called us to do, we need to work with all our heart. As part of our calling to love others deeply (1 Peter 4:8), offer hospitality (v.9), and use our gifts to serve others (v.10), our task is to work with God’s strength to bring praise and glory to God, not ourselves. The important thing is that God likes what He sees. — Dave Branon

This is my favorite part. What power, and to know that it is very true. Work with all our heart.

"Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you." Ephesians 4:32

Old 07-18-2009, 10:17 PM   #31
Southpaw

Name: Southpaw
Title: Slower than most
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDDUSTERS5703 View Post
x3 that one really hits home for me! dont know about u guys but this is a daily battle for me... one side of me is always there saying "take the easy way out nobodys lookin" just have stay strong in my faith remember joshua 1:9 - Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid: do not be discouraged, for God is with you wherever you go. - GETCHASUM!!!!
You are not alone brother. I think we all struggle with it day to day. I know I do.
You're doing something good here; planting this seed everyday or two. I read it when you post it up, and then I email it to my wife who passes it on to some of her friends. Who knows where it ends? Who knows how many lives it touches?

-after reading this, emailing my wife sounds weird and distant, but she is not a member here, and it is the easiest way for me to let her read them

'02 F-250/CC/LB
aFe II, 6" stack, DP-tuned, JWVB, ATS housing, WW, and a whole lot of other stuff that noone cares about.

<><

COLOSSIANS 2:8

Old 07-20-2009, 08:47 AM   #32
GOLDDUSTERS5703

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
I read it when you post it up, and then I email it to my wife who passes it on to some of her friends. Who knows where it ends? Who knows how many lives it touches?

gave me chills reading this!!!! this is what its all about! amen!!!!! love to hear its spreading like wild fire!!!! this is the purpose of these everyone take notes!!!!!

Old 07-20-2009, 11:55 AM   #33
chromedome1

Name: chromedome1
Title: Diesel for life.
Member`s Gallery
Amen, Keep it going. God is getting to be a small part in american culture, boy do we need to WAKE up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-21-2009, 09:20 AM   #34
GOLDDUSTERS5703

Member`s Gallery
Small Step—Giant Leap

READ: Ephesians 4:17-24

Be renewed in the spirit of your mind. —Ephesians 4:23

In July 1969, I was at Fort Benning , Georgia , training to become a US Army officer. Infantry Officer Candidate School was intense and highly regimented with only rare moments of free time. Surprisingly, on the evening of July 20, we were ordered to our company Day Room, seated in front of a flickering television set, and told simply, “This is history.”

Amazed, we watched Apollo 11 astronaut Neil Armstrong become the first human to set foot on the moon as he said, “That’s one small step for man; one giant leap for mankind.” Our usual curfew was suspended and we talked late into the night—not only about what we had witnessed but about life, God, and eternity. Our demanding routine had been interrupted, and our attention was shifted to what truly matters.

All of us need to shift our focus on a daily basis. Maintaining a regular time alone with God allows us to step away from our demanding jobs, break the routine, and concentrate on Him through the Bible and prayer. Our thoughts and actions will change as we follow Paul’s urging to “be renewed in the spirit of your mind” (Eph. 4:23).

What may seem like a small step can be a giant leap each day in our life of faith in Christ. — David C. McCasland

A small step is a giant leap
In growth and faith each day
If this step is your time with God
To read His Word and pray. —Sper

Each small step of faith is a giant step of growth.

Old 07-23-2009, 02:07 PM   #35
GOLDDUSTERS5703

Member`s Gallery
Who Is Deaf?

READ: Isaiah 42:1-4,23-25

The Lord’s hand is not shortened, that it cannot save . . . . [But] your sins have hidden His face from you, so that He will not hear. —Isaiah 59:1-2

A man told his doctor that he thought his wife was going deaf. The doctor told him to conduct a simple test. When the man reached the front door of his home, he called out, “Darling, is dinner ready?” Hearing no response, he walked inside and repeated himself. Still no reply. On the third try, when he was just behind her, he finally heard her say, “For the third time, yes!”

Similarly, the ancient Israelites thought God was deaf when the problem was actually with them. Isaiah was a prophet sent to warn God’s people about impending judgment, but his message fell on deaf ears. Instead of being God’s covenant people, who were to bring light to those in darkness and release them from the dungeons of sin (42:7), they refused to hear Him. “They would not walk in His ways, nor were they obedient to His law” (v.24).

The prophet explained why their prayers seemed to fall on deaf ears: “The Lord’s hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; nor His ear heavy, that it cannot hear. But your iniquities have separated you from your God” (Isa. 59:1-2). One reason for not receiving answers from God is that sin may be blocking our hearing. Let’s examine ourselves carefully.

Our God isn’t hard of hearing. — C. P. Hia

Nothing between my soul and the Savior,
Naught of this world’s delusive dream;
I have renounced all sinful pleasure,
Jesus is mine; there’s nothing between. —Tindley

God speaks through His Word to those who listen with their heart.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:31 AM   #36
GOLDDUSTERS5703

Member`s Gallery
Ready To Speak

READ: 1 Peter 3:13-22

Always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear. —1 Peter 3:15

Lee Eclov and his wife were at a coffee shop in Estes Park, Colorado . At another table sat four men, one of whom was mocking Christianity and the resurrection of Jesus.

Lee could sense the Lord telling him to respond. But his fear kept him from doing so. Finally, he knew he had to make a stand. So he walked over to the men and began giving historical evidence for the resurrection.

How do we respond when we’re in a similar situation? The apostle Peter encouraged his readers to make a commitment to stand up for Jesus, especially during extreme suffering. This commitment meant not remaining speechless when circumstances warranted them to defend their faith. He said, “Always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear” (1 Peter 3:15). Their readiness to answer required them to know God’s Word. They were to respond in godly meekness and fear, so that their persecutors would be ashamed of their own conduct.

Had Lee Eclov remained silent or responded rudely, the cause of Christ would have suffered. Lee later wrote, “God has a way of flushing us out of our quiet little places, and when He does we must be ready to speak for Him.” — Marvin Williams

When people wonder about our faith,
What answer will we give?
We’ll tell of Jesus who bore our sins
And shows us how to live. —Fitzhugh

To be silent about the Savior and His salvation is a dreadful sin of omission.

Old 07-27-2009, 09:26 AM   #37
GOLDDUSTERS5703

Member`s Gallery
Walk The Walk

READ: 1 Timothy 4:6-16

Be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity. —1 Timothy 4:12

The preacher was speaking tongue-in-cheek when he complained, “My wife is absolutely unreasonable. She actually expects me to live everything I preach!” It’s so much easier to tell someone what is right than to practice it personally.

When my son and I play golf together, I can tell him exactly how to play the hole and hit the shots. But my own ability to hit those shots is sadly limited. I suppose this is what is meant when we refer to athletes who “talk the talk, but don’t walk the walk.” Anyone can talk a good game, but actually performing well is far more difficult.

This is particularly true in the challenge of following Jesus Christ. It is not enough for us to talk about faith—we must live out our faith. Perhaps that is why Paul, after giving instructions to his young protégé Timothy about how to preach, included this reminder: “Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity. . . . Meditate on these things; give yourself entirely to them” (1 Tim. 4:12,15).

As Christ’s followers, we do not have the luxury of just talking a good game—we must live lives of exemplary faith in Jesus Christ. We must walk the walk. — Bill Crowder

Do others know from how we act
At home, at work, at play,
That we have Jesus in our heart
And live for Him each day? —D. De Haan

We please God when our walk matches our talk.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:24 AM   #38
GOLDDUSTERS5703

Member`s Gallery
God’s Heart Revealed

READ: Revelation 3:14-22

As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent. —Revelation 3:19

It’s easy to think of God as a divine fly-swatter, just waiting for you to land so that—whap—He can nail you for your sins. But that’s not what we see in Revelation 2–3 in His letters to the seven churches. The pattern of the letters demonstrates God’s loving heart for wayward people.

Jesus began many of these letters by affirming the good things His people had done. This shows us that when we do what is good and right, the Lord is pleased.

But Jesus is also concerned about the faults in our lives. His commendation in these letters was often followed by clear words of reproof. And while it’s not comfortable to hear Him say, “Nevertheless I have this against you” (2:4; see vv.14,20), He reveals what needs to be changed in our lives to keep us from self-deceit.

This moves us to the real heart of the matter—repentance. When the Lord told these churches to repent, He was revealing His love for wayward saints. His goal was not to condemn but to restore them to intimate fellowship with Him.

And don’t miss the fact that each letter ends with a specific promise for the “overcomers.” Clearly God desires to reward those who live lives that are pleasing to Him.

What’s He saying to you today? — Joe Stowell

To live a life that pleases Christ,
It’s crucial to obey His voice;
When He reveals our sin to us,
Repentance is the wisest choice. —Sper

Repentance restores and renews our intimacy with the Lord.

Old 07-28-2009, 12:01 PM   #39
98 DodgeCummins

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chromedome1 View Post
Amen, Keep it going. God is getting to be a small part in american culture, boy do we need to WAKE up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is very true. The world does need to wake up.. Amen

Old 07-28-2009, 12:05 PM   #40
98 DodgeCummins

Member`s Gallery
I have been passing them to my mom, and she has been passing it to all of her friends. I have sending these to my friends who are not to in the faith, and they have emailed me back saying that they like them, and to keep them coming. The truth of the Lord is very powerful and how it can touch just a few people, and help them change their ways of life, is even more powerful.

Closed Thread