C.B. Radios and Linear Amps

The coax cable is a key ingredient, Treesmasher located a spool with military grade coax on it and it is quadruple shielded, and the core is huge! No interference with this setup and it puts the power out awesome! I can stomp on most of the big mouthed truckers in the Tri-State area.....

Hmmm..
Would you want to put your setup and your money where your mouth is RD?.The reason I am saying is I am certain not only would you NOT walk on top of my rig,since I am one of those Tri-State loud mouth truckers,you would not even be able to compete in a keydown competition with me.What you have is a small radio,second rate amp and a hacker for a tech man.I am confident enough in my trucks setup to know I would squash you like a Jersey Cockroach under my workboot.

BTW FYI...
You can use your super trick military grade coax also and my Mini-8u will make minced meat out of you.I am betting the you still believe that tuning by using the swr method is the way to go also,don't you.Let me know when you want demolished or should I say,walked upon hard,I will gladly teach you a lesson that will humble you.One last thing to RD,this is a game you will loose at badly.

sredish..
Here is the best tech man in Texas and his link to his shop.There are many who try and beat him but his work is sceond to no one and is found in most all of the high powered rigs out there.
http://www.claysradioshop.com/

Hammer said:
Hmmm..
Would you want to put your setup and your money where your mouth is RD?.The reason I am saying is I am certain not only would you NOT walk on top of my rig,since I am one of those Tri-State loud mouth truckers,you would not even be able to compete in a keydown competition with me.What you have is a small radio,second rate amp and a hacker for a tech man.I am confident enough in my trucks setup to know I would squash you like a Jersey Cockroach under my workboot.

BTW FYI...
You can use your super trick military grade coax also and my Mini-8u will make minced meat out of you.I am betting the you still believe that tuning by using the swr method is the way to go also,don't you.Let me know when you want demolished or should I say,walked upon hard,I will gladly teach you a lesson that will humble you.One last thing to RD,this is a game you will loose at badly.

I have been to these 'Key- down' Competitions.... I have seen guys pull up with suburbans and vans with 4 alternators and a floor full of batteries, and hey lets pull out a 3 pole beam and set it in the hitch....:bang :bang

If your certain your the biggest mouth in the Tri-State area, I'll let you have that title... It's not one I'm interested in.:welcome:

Go seek out "Rambo Radio" and "Midnight Cowboy"..... Those wackos- THINK- they have some power behind their voices...... And get trounced on regularly.:evil There's another guy here too- 'The Shark'- his base station on the mountain has been :eek:wned: regularly also by my set-up too. I get accused of being a base station all the time...LOL Have a bud on Pocono Mountain-"Dirty White Boy" and it's all good from my area to the top of Pocono Mountain.... Then there's the 'Keystone Flyier'.......

If your sooooooo good at this where you been? 426 Beavis-OUT.:lolly:

Hammer said:
Hmmm..

WoW thats sounds like a challange..... Were are you keying down at? How many BIRD watts you putting out? I do know grounding is the big key in high power cb amps. I know my freind puts out enough watts to shut down trucks going down the road.

Last edited:
I have seen guys with close to 100,000 watts get stomped by a "mere" 25k system that was setup properly, key down weekends were not a good time to be on the radio in Greenville, MS LOL LOL

i was reading in my owners manual an seen this in big bold print reckon it matters to me ? think i should look in to it with the DOT on my back every day
RADIO LICENSE DISCLOSURE:
A license to operate certain two way radios may be required by your federal/local government. Operating certain radio equipment without such license may be illegal in your area. The end user consumer is solely responsible for acquiring such license and for the proper use of all radio equipment.
These radios are Amateur radios and not CB transceivers. Therefore, these radios are not governed by Part 95 of 47 C.F.R, but by Part 97 of 47 C.F.R. Part 97 does not require type acceptance of Amateur radios.

heck i just use it as a cb lol

Yeah amatuer or HAM radios you must have a lisence. Also there are certain levels of the liscense also. My grandad who recently passed was BIG into HAM/amatuer radios. It was pretty cool stuff if you ask me.

02 dodge4x4 5.9 said:
i was reading in my owners manual an seen this in big bold print reckon it matters to me ? think i should look in to it with the DOT on my back every day
RADIO LICENSE DISCLOSURE:
A license to operate certain two way radios may be required by your federal/local government. Operating certain radio equipment without such license may be illegal in your area. The end user consumer is solely responsible for acquiring such license and for the proper use of all radio equipment.
These radios are Amateur radios and not CB transceivers. Therefore, these radios are not governed by Part 95 of 47 C.F.R, but by Part 97 of 47 C.F.R. Part 97 does not require type acceptance of Amateur radios.

heck i just use it as a cb lol

LOL, I run a 10 meter CB and a 5 pill amp... Yes it is illegal no doubt but only if you get caught....:kick:

Hammer said:
Hmmm..
........,since I am one of those Tri-State loud mouth truckers,......

[/url]

That was so sweet , I just had to listen to it again!!!!:fish: :thankyou2: :bow:

Thought I would get this thread going again. Im running a Cobra 29 Night Watch thats peaked and tuned going to a Wilson Little Wil. I have no idea how many watts Im swingin, but I can get out a good 15 miles.

I need a linear!!!

Hammer said:
sredish..
Here is the best tech man in Texas and his link to his shop.There are many who try and beat him but his work is sceond to no one and is found in most all of the high powered rigs out there.
http://www.claysradioshop.com/

I know a guy who builds Tube amps here. YOU better bring a chit ton of cash to buy one of his amps.

Santa Gertrudis said:
Thought I would get this thread going again. Im running a Cobra 29 Night Watch thats peaked and tuned going to a Wilson Little Wil. I have no idea how many watts Im swingin, but I can get out a good 15 miles.

I need a linear!!!

Depending on atmospheric conditions, you can talk all over the world on 4 watts.

UNBROKEN said:
Can y'all speak english now ? I have no freakin idea what y'all are saying.

and you live in TX? WTF? Cellular phones are cool but they don't work everywhere. CB is simple technology. Get stranded and the CB is just another way of communicating and a call for help. Bird watt= true watt like a stereo amp. I am talking about watt per watt here. If you wanna be heard over lots of people talking you need a HIGH POWERED CB amp.

I got a cobra 200 with I dont have a friggin clue what was done to it. Trucker I got it from said he had close to 800 bucks in. I gave him $200 for it after I had my cb shop check it out. They said it was over 200 watts. Before i got it grounded good it would stall my 03 ram. For what i got in it it works good for me.

Back