NADM 2.6 rules phone poll results

Sledpuller

Comp Diesel Sponsor
This poll was taken before Kentucky and Ohio changed their rules, as promised, results:

Very basic questions, lock the rules down, or change them, (what change) . Called everyone who has pulled 2.6,this year some of the numbers did not work, too bad.

Left voice mail or no answer, bad number- 52.
Lock the rules down as is-17
Change turbo rule to protrusion-8

Other changes asked for and my answer-

Hood stacks allowed 2 NO
water inj-2 NO
water meth-1 NO
Fuel cells allowed-1 They have been!! read the rules!!(I love the guys who ask for stuff thats already legal.)
Exducer limit-1 not this year
more pulls in pa-1 always trying
more organization in the pits-1 Learn to park, and be on time, would help tremendously.
change to 2.4 turbo -1 ???????
save the 2.8 class-1 Its already gone replaced by 3.0
Mandatory bump up out of the class if you finish top3, 3 years in a row-1 Not this year.
Do away with air to water intercoolers-2 Not this year.

Now, keep in mind NADM has left the 2.6 rules alone for 3 years running, we don't change rules on a whim. I am going to FPP meeting tonight, listening to what the pullers there have to say, and will make the decision to protrude or not protrude by the end of the month.
If NADM and FPP decide to protrude the wheel, that will put at least 4 organizations on the same page(with important rules, not mickey mouse hood stack stuff) and at least 5 states.

However, the way the NADM rules are now, the protrusion turbos would still be legal, so why should we change?

Do you see anything wrong with this picture Gene?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/user/mymack9nozzle#p/u/3/HVjdk-QL32c"]http://www.youtube.com/user/mymack9nozzle#p/u/3/HVjdk-QL32c[/ame]

Here is why the rules need to be changed. You and I have talked back and forth for the last couple years about this with your responce always being I am crazy, 2.6 trucks don't make 900hp, etc... Remember any of this Gene, lol. Well here is a great example, IIRC Adam puts a "2.6 Legal" turbo his Schied winning 2.8/3.0 Haisley truck and wins by 20ft 3 weeks in a row and he was pulling against some of the top 2.6 trucks in Ohio and Kentucky. We did the same thing with Jon's truck and saw no change in performance. Everyone that is mad at Adam or Haisley's for running the "Wrecker" in 2.6 this is all I have to say about it, "Don't hate the players, hate the game." Thank you guys for the great example of why the rules are broken and in need of fixing. This is why your 2.8 class went in the toilet unfortunately. We took the ITPA legal 2.6 66mm S400 that made 785hp off of JT's truck and put a 3.0/2.6 cover S400 on it and picked up around 100hp. The 2.6 class is out of control and needs to be fixed with a black and white turbo rule for intrusion of the 2.6 bore. Hopefully this year we can work towards everyone running the same rules for this class. Maybe you don't agree with us but it is hard to ignore these facts. Rant over:st:

http://www.youtube.com/user/mymack9nozzle#p/u/3/HVjdk-QL32c

Here is why the rules need to be changed. You and I have talked back and forth for the last couple years about this with your responce always being I am crazy, 2.6 trucks don't make 900hp, etc... Remember any of this Gene, lol. Well here is a great example, IIRC Adam puts a "2.6 Legal" turbo his Schied winning 2.8/3.0 Haisley truck and wins by 20ft 3 weeks in a row and he was pulling against some of the top 2.6 trucks in Ohio and Kentucky. We did the same thing with Jon's truck and saw no change in performance. Everyone that is mad at Adam or Haisley's for running the "Wrecker" in 2.6 this is all I have to say about it, "Don't hate the players, hate the game." Thank you guys for the great example of why the rules are broken and in need of fixing. This is why your 2.8 class went in the toilet unfortunately. We took the ITPA legal 2.6 66mm S400 that made 785hp off of JT's truck and put a 3.0/2.6 cover S400 on it and picked up around 100hp. The 2.6 class is out of control and needs to be fixed with a black and white turbo rule for intrusion of the 2.6 bore. Hopefully this year we can work towards everyone running the same rules for this class. Maybe you don't agree with us but it is hard to ignore these facts. Rant over:st:

x2:nail:

I don't know much about pulling but would it be too hard to make the turbo rule a true 2.6 only? No bushings, stepped covers, etc

Mark,
I agree the 2.6 rules need to be changed but once again for the 1000 time, 6 different protrusion rules wont do squat but limit where a guy can pull.

Spec turbo is the only way to go, and that is practically impossible, at this time.

I think what you all want is someone to ban the winners, so the whiners can win, and we'll ban them the following week.

If I would ban everyone who put 20 feet on a class, there would be noone left.
I call this:"Dan Painter Syndrome."!!!!!! Guys who have pulled since 2005, will know what that means.

Mark,
I agree the 2.6 rules need to be changed but once again for the 1000 time, 6 different protrusion rules wont do squat but limit where a guy can pull.

Spec turbo is the only way to go, and that is practically impossible, at this time.

I think what you all want is someone to ban the winners, so the whiners can win, and we'll ban them the following week.

If I would ban everyone who put 20 feet on a class, there would be noone left.
I call this:"Dan Painter Syndrome."!!!!!! Guys who have pulled since 2005, will know what that means.

No Gene, you didn't agree with us last year or the beginning of this year. You said everything was fine and dandy with the class. Haisley's and my guys have proved this multiple times this year with Adam's latest being the best example of the year. No one wants to ban the winners but make the playing field alittle less one sided. I'm sorry but I think it is wrong to be around 900hp+ in a 2.6 truck. We all know that no matter what the rules are you will always have the guys at the top of the pile being accused of cheating by the guys in the back of the pack. The wheel will definitely affect the power level the most effectively. I personally think it should be a true 66mm compressor wheel rule, that would be the easiest to tech and police and it will bring the power back in check.

No Gene, you didn't agree with us last year or the beginning of this year. You said everything was fine and dandy with the class. Haisley's and my guys have proved this multiple times this year with Adam's latest being the best example of the year. No one wants to ban the winners but make the playing field alittle less one sided. I'm sorry but I think it is wrong to be around 900hp+ in a 2.6 truck. We all know that no matter what the rules are you will always have the guys at the top of the pile being accused of cheating by the guys in the back of the pack. The wheel will definitely affect the power level the most effectively. I personally think it should be a true 66mm compressor wheel rule, that would be the easiest to tech and police and it will bring the power back in check.

Problem with a true 66 compressor wheel is it starts to corner the market on using billet wheels, contoured etc. Plus who is to say what wheel is a true 66 or not?

Why not push for a universal 2.6" turbo rule then? 1/8" protrusion, 2.6" bore for 3/8", 0.250" MWE located behind the protrusion, same goes in the 3.0" Class.

Spec charger rule is pointless, you could use a $50 restrictor plate if made properly and regulate hp just as easily, many other turbo motorsports use these, and they are well ahead of this sport.

Yea, you guys proved an experienced puller with a purpose built truck from the ground up, especially the engine, can beat guys who aren't quite that serious, or didn't spend quite that much money. BIG SURPRISE THERE!!!!

You think the turbo alone made Adams truck hook like that?? It didn't.

You think one of the protrusion rules would stop Adams truck from being a winner? It wont.

I think its time to enforce the street driven rule, boys, how about it?

Or take duals and big tires away....

Yea, you guys proved an experienced puller with a purpose built truck from the ground up, especially the engine, can beat guys who aren't quite that serious, or didn't spend quite that much money. BIG SURPRISE THERE!!!!

You think one of the protrusion rules would stop Adams truck from being a winner? It wont.

What do you thinking about Weston's restrictor plate idea, Gene?

I think the restrictor plate would be closer to a spec charger rule then any of the other suggestions.

Lavon

Why do I even bother wasting my breath:bang

HHehheeh Mark, Mark, Mark. Someday, you may understand the pulling issues across the whole country and not just your corner bubble, but I doubt it!!:lolly:

Back