Battery relocation

Carbon

I am putting a very large battery in my toolbox (8D) and I have just about everything I need laying around except one thing. A power distribution terminal. I already have a universal fuse block under the hood for smaller things but need a large terminal for winches plow large lights as well as to run power to the factory things. I am thinking of something like this
Power Distribution Post 3/8" Terminal FREE SHIPPING!!!! | eBay
but I need it to be much larger.

any ideas??? I am thinking of making my own out of some oak I have laying around then just sanding and painting so it doesnt look dumb. Just wondering if anybody has a better idea.

if you don't know what an 8-d looks like here it is.
2f927342.jpg

I to was thinking about doing this. Ill be watching to see how it works out for you. The only problem I foresee is corrosion issues for the tool box.

You'll be farther ahead running only three cables to the front, two 4/0 gauge to the starter and one for the cab/pcm power. If you need power for accessories you can always pull it off the starter post. Run two ground cables, both 4/0 gauge, one to the frame and one from the frame to the engine.

Last edited:
I just ordered a couple good distribution blocks off of ebay Im going to run one heavy cable to the starter then bring that cable up to a distribution block where it will go to another distribution block then power the plow the factory fuse block and I don't know how its wired but maybe one to the alternator, I don't know if the alt goes into the fuse box or what. and the battery will have another cable going to the rear for the winch.

I forget what all I need to hook up but I think this is most of it
factory fuse box
my fuse box
plow
winch
starter
maybe alt.
Hid light relays
oddly enough the grid heaters are wired right to the drivers side battery so those will need to be wired to the distribution block.

amplifiers
fass
snow water methanol
edge is wired to the battery iirc but i need to look again
i think there is one or two more things but with all this stuff you can see why I want to move the battery to the back for more under hood room and to clean up the wiring, some of the stuff was from a previous owner some was from me and some was from various shops over the years and now its a cluster phuch

Last edited:
Back