installed 480sxe in compound

that is just weird, with my 64 480 pair once it starts building there is almost no stopping it, 5 psi........ 10 psi....20.60 and I'm letting off

on a gravel road,in 4th around 1600rpm and i floor it.. no boost until 2000-2100rpm.. and around 40-45 at 2500rpm.. and a lot of smoke..

I just fixed a truck with similar symptoms. The two pucks that seal the exhaust port in the wastegate had broken off the lever arm. Changed the turbine housing and it was back to normal.

I just fixed a truck with similar symptoms. The two pucks that seal the exhaust port in the wastegate had broken off the lever arm. Changed the turbine housing and it was back to normal.

just fixed it,, i removed the cover on the wastegate housing, the 2 puck was not sealing proprely, had to shortened the actuator rod and put some tention on the puck to keep them closed when not needed..truck is really fun to drive now.. but same issue as my 475..no more than 53lbs of boost.. nevermind lol

Well that covers the spool part. I'd suspect something more like governor springs not tight enough or the rack not hitting full throw. Any fuel plate in there? Sure the AFC is traveling all the way? I'd pull the foot and see if it picks up boost.

If it was a boost leak usually it gets hot and smokey. What's your EGTs full pedal? Any smoke?

Well that covers the spool part. I'd suspect something more like governor springs not tight enough or the rack not hitting full throw. Any fuel plate in there? Sure the AFC is traveling all the way? I'd pull the foot and see if it picks up boost.

If it was a boost leak usually it gets hot and smokey. What's your EGTs full pedal? Any smoke?

yah afc is travelling, no fuel plate,got afc live! i can ajust my egt to 1800-1900 if i want.. but no more boost than 53..

did you build these twins your self? you didn't put the cart in front of the horse and route them backwards did you?

Based on boost numbers from some of your other post, it sounds like you still have wastegate issues or adjusting to do.

Back