2014 Laramie 2500

Could change later this year or next when air systems come out. 3500 still isn't getting 5 link though.

My 13 F-350 will be due to be replaced in a year. I am very interested in trying a Dodge. It would be the first Dodge I've owned in 10 years.

I want a new 2014, but I'm holding out for the air ride.

Hopefully it pans out better then waiting for EFILive on my old 05 Cummins. LOL

Anyone installed Amp powersteps? Simple install?

I did last Sunday. It wasn't too bad the biggest challenge was getting my big ass under the dash to tap into the harness.
enu8epa3.jpg
zy2ujy6a.jpg

Sent from My phone while the Boss wasn't looking.

I did last Sunday. It wasn't too bad the biggest challenge was getting my big ass under the dash to tap into the harness.
enu8epa3.jpg
zy2ujy6a.jpg

Looks good. Spliced under dash? I assumed you'd mount steps and motors, run a power wire to battery, and splice a trigger wire into harness under door jamb trim. Elaborate? Was price around 1150ish?

Laramie, I get a good discount because of my job and one of these sounds really good.

Sticker is usually around $60-62k. I qualified for an x plan through my work as well.

Looks good. Spliced under dash? I assumed you'd mount steps and motors, run a power wire to battery, and splice a trigger wire into harness under door jamb trim. Elaborate? Was price around 1150ish?

Mount steps and motors, run power to the battery, then they have you tap into the harness for each door ajar trigger. So each door will activate the steps separately. Price on the steps was right at $1k from AutoAnything.com the guy on the phone gave him a good price because we have ordered a bunch of stuff from them for both our trucks an my Mother's Jeep in the last month. List on my Dad's Bighorn was $57k but he paid less.

Have you bought them yet because the new version is wifi so you don't have to wire anything under the dash. It's just a module that adheres to the door jam. No painful wiring. Installing the steps is a breeze very straight forward.

Haven't bought. Where did you see wireless versions? I don't see anything about it?

Best stop makes the wireless ones, I wasn't sold on them. Not as good of a warranty and they seem cheaper built.

On my 12 all of the wiring was under the fuse block, they weren't that bad just time consuming. I bought mine off eBay for a grand.

Sorry for the late reply. I seen them at Sema I think all new versions are this way. Don't worry about durability they are very reliable. I had a set on my welding truck where the door is opened every 60 ft for miles a day with no glitches. They are a very good product.

Snapped a picture hauling my 20k lbs gooseneck up a 10% grade. Feels good to be back in a cummins!

20131118_162906_zpsca4b9c76.jpg

Cause I can lie about my mileage like everyone else again!!

Back