Cheaters in Work Stock classes.

Sledpuller

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Someone tell me what is the fascination with LIEING to a tech official to BEAT up on WS trucks with a 2.6 truck?

Guys the idea of the WS class is to get NEW blood in the sport, not to see if you can cheat your way in.

I enjoy hearing the stories ....of how you are late and dont have time to take your boot off, and yes your headlight is here some where, and that weight bracket is ok, right? No hanging weights but the brackets ok? And thats a nice hitch cut clear to the tailgate, yes this is a WS truck, hardly ever pull it blah blah blah.

But I enjoy calling the tech over to DQ yer cheatin heart more after you win the class, so EVERYONE knows who and what you are.

kinda like the dmax last night that couldnt get the headlight back in and jammin the hood on top of it there geno?

Y'all need to come watch the work stock class around here. I love the class, but if anything, the 500-600hp trucks that win every weekend are going to be real discouraging to the people who are wanting to get in. I feel like some of those trucks wouldnt be running if the teching was done right though.

Eric

Last edited:
could some of you guys post up your work stock rules? I'd like to compare them to some of the ones around here

Y'all need to come watch the work stock class around here. I love the class, but if anything, the 500-600hp trucks that win every weekend are going to be real discouraging to the people who are wanting to get in. I feel like some of those trucks wouldnt be running if the teching was done right though.

Eric

I agree Eric the work stock truck in Ky out of control. I love to watch them myself. Where hoping to have a customer to run the BOB series next year. It a Dmax we pulled it at Lebanon ky back a week or so ago. But it will be a work truck plus weekend warrior.

Gene why not call the guy in tell us how you really feel?

workstock is out of control everywhere you go!! They need to make the turbo absolutly bone stock no wheels modded changers none of that sh** Thats exactly why I will never pull a truck again the Tractors for the most part have a better handle on theres. The diesel truck pulling is in a out of control spin old 2.8 trucks in 2.6 old 2.6 trucks in ws and so on.

^^ exactly correct we got guys that I know of that run WS with twins and nitrous in some of the brush pulls around here.. There is no such thing as teching it seems. We jump on the weigh in scales and were considered good to go

Hey...

I agree completely... Even though I'm one of the douchebags who falls down to workstock at brushpulls.

I've even used the bottle at brushpulls in the workstock class.

But in my opinion it's like pissing in the wind to complain about it.

2.8 trucks run in 2.6 with bushings and stepped covers... 3.0 in 2.8 the same way... HELL! I've seen 3.0 trucks pull 2.6 around here with just a bushing change.

If ya'll wanna fix the 2.6 class where trucks that are truly built as daily drivers can be competitive... I'll gladly give the WS class back!

The rules on most 2.6 class books state right at the beginning....

"The 2.6 class is designed for daily-driven, on-the-road pickup trucks..." Hasn't been that way for years!

Until then... I'll keep pulling workstock at brushpulls and do the same thing the others do to me when I pull 2.6.

Call me a douche... But I'm no worse than tha A-Holes who can't hack it in 2.8 and 3.0 and bush down to fit into 2.6"

I'll take the bushing thing one step farther. I've seen in the past day a 3.4" charger bushed down to 2.6"....I am like what the FU(K

You guys are worrying about nothing. It will straighten itself out on its own with $$$. Look at the gas trucks and the tractor classes. Those are a mature market. The diesel trucks haven't matured yet.

the rules around here for ws are

you can hange weights and have suspension blocks
no nos/water injection
but stock turbo is mainly it
you can have w/e else done to the motor you want.
we got alot of ws around here and full time pullers they just waitin for turbos to pop b4 they go to the next level. and we got some cheaters to just gotta have a guy teching that knows wat he's lookin at.

Guys the idea of the WS class is to get NEW blood in the sport, not to see if you can cheat your way in.

This is exactly why I want to see a work stock class up here as our other class (pro-street) has become so out of control is crazy. When it was created it was for mildly modified trucks to come in off the street and compete. It now has become a cross between a 2.8/3.0 class but doesn't allow hanging weights (our rules up here are screwed up!) And my biggest beef with it all is that there is no new guys comming in to the class because who wants to get there ass kicked by a good 50+ feet every week.

Now, as far as work stock goes...what do you all see as being an ideal fair set of rules (turbo being the bigest one) as I keep hearing up here that totally stock isn't fair because a Dmax with a stock charger can be up to 500hp but an 01 Dodge is going to need alot more air than the stock charger can give to get up to that point without fear of a serious melt down.

Ryan

Now, as far as work stock goes...what do you all see as being an ideal fair set of rules (turbo being the bigest one) as I keep hearing up here that totally stock isn't fair because a Dmax with a stock charger can be up to 500hp but an 01 Dodge is going to need alot more air than the stock charger can give to get up to that point without fear of a serious melt down.

Ryan

your exactly right. that is why the dodges move on up. but i think the 6.4's will dominate if somebody can build one rite since its the "stock setup" they can handel alot and so can some 6.0's but dmax seem to dominate this class.

your exactly right. that is why the dodges move on up. but i think the 6.4's will dominate if somebody can build one rite since its the "stock setup" they can handel alot and so can some 6.0's but dmax seem to dominate this class.

yup. the 6.4 have been able to make 600+ on stock chargers, stock twins though. cant really tell everybody they have to run the same because then what are the others supposed to do, make some small twins? that would never fly.

Garrett

yup. the 6.4 have been able to make 600+ on stock chargers, stock twins though. cant really tell everybody they have to run the same because then what are the others supposed to do, make some small twins? that would never fly.

Garrett

yeah you cant keep every body happy lol but basicaly around here if it came on the truck from factory its workstock.

I agree... Theres no way to make a fair set of rules.

Just for comparison though... Around here WS is this..

No bars, Blocks, or Hanging weight.

Anything else is a go.

Dodge domination in KY. :hehe: Search cooper brothers pulling on youtube, Taylor Cooper

our rules:

Stock OEM turbo, no modifications, stock wheels, and stock configurations.
one organization allows weights up front, one dont

Wes

Back