blow by

How much blow by should you have from tube beside your oil pan? I have just a small bit of oil you can see not bad though truck feels great not any smoke there at tube:bang

if im not mistaken...

some blowby is normal, i have some out of the tube, and vapors out of the oil filler cap when i remove it. AS long as it does not build up any pressure or come out in "puffs" per say, sort of like a for lack of a better word "choo choo train" it should be ok...

what i would do, to check if you have blowby, number one, place a glass over an open oil filler hole on a fully warmed up engine, if its steam, it will fog up, number two, that oil cap you removed, if you put it on upside down over the hole, the vibration will shake it off, so thats not a good determinant, so instead, unscrew it, and place it, just the same way over the hole, the cap itself SHOULD NOT fly off of the hole, if it does, thats alot of crank case pressure thats being built up.. having researched this myself, also, if you lose over a quart of oil in 1000 miles, you are probably in need of a rebuild

now what you describe? sounds perfectly normal to me, if the undercarraige of the truck is not coated in oil, you do not have hard starts, and you dont really drip much oil, i wouldnt worry about it... a little bit of smoke is normal as far as i know..so you are actually better than good...

if you want piece of mind tho? you can have the truck tested for blowby, you can make your own tool, or go to a truck dealership for about 100 bucks...

sounds great I dont feel any pressure it is not dripping oil you can see over the past 63,000 miles which is all the motor has on it just a bot of oil on under carriage I suppose cause we never get any rain here and I hardly ever wash the under side cause I never have any leaks of any kind Thanks alot for your imfo

Mine smells like oil when it's fresh still runs mint I'm on my 3 rd engine now I just keep truckin until she won't start or burns too much oil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back