July Race - July 8th

Truck harness grounded out on the frame and fried a bunch of chit including my nitrous controller and a good portion of the harness itself. Trying to decide to strip all wiring out of truck do new gauges/cluster or patch it and see how it goes. Might just patch it for this race then tear everything out. Electrical wiring on this truck is a nightmare currently.

Hope to get it going, not as much the task as is the time to do the work. Got about three other non related projects that need to be done too.

Looks like were gonna be cutting it close to making it for this guys, still a bunch of little things to finish up and I honestly dont know when im gonna have time to do it im working daylights, got a viewing today after work and funeral tommorow, meetings all day friday and still waiting on some parts. Fingers crossed hopefully i can find time at some point in next 2 days to get it all done.

Looks like were gonna be cutting it close to making it for this guys, still a bunch of little things to finish up and I honestly dont know when im gonna have time to do it im working daylights, got a viewing today after work and funeral tommorow, meetings all day friday and still waiting on some parts. Fingers crossed hopefully i can find time at some point in next 2 days to get it all done.

Attacking my wiring tonight. Should be up and going but who knows for certain. Got the new slicks on yesterday and have some wastegate work to do too. If you and I don't make it that is it for Pro Street race unless Bus has his turbo by now. That Amarillo race screwed this one a bit.

Just got home and still no parts maybe tommorow but who knows not getting my hopes up and I hate rushing things of this value and quality its just not worth the risk of damage or having to redo afro engineering for things the right way!

Talked to glenn at Ed last week and he said it should be in the mail this week. So I'm out.

Who all is going to the Amarillo race thats hurting the ps class?

Stelly and Jake are going from what I gather. Daniel and I hit the electrical tonight and thought we had it fixed but we don't. The main power feed to the trucks harness is burning up from a dead short we can not seem to find. It did it again tonight after a new feed was ran. We might try again tomorrow night but not looking too good. If not I might run the Ford.

Stelly and Jake are going from what I gather. Daniel and I hit the electrical tonight and thought we had it fixed but we don't. The main power feed to the trucks harness is burning up from a dead short we can not seem to find. It did it again tonight after a new feed was ran. We might try again tomorrow night but not looking too good. If not I might run the Ford.

Man those are the worste kind. I had similar issue on that 12v scotts now got the wiring to the fuel cell was backfeeding and shorting all kinds of crap out. I had finally given up looking and was going to take it to a buddy to look at and i crawled up under the rearend and saw the burnt up wiring.

Hope ya get it fixed though if parts show up tommorow i may skip my race tommorow night and work on it but id rather go race lol.

Man those are the worste kind. I had similar issue on that 12v scotts now got the wiring to the fuel cell was backfeeding and shorting all kinds of crap out. I had finally given up looking and was going to take it to a buddy to look at and i crawled up under the rearend and saw the burnt up wiring.

You could have fixed it!!!

messed up thing is we did find two problems and fixed them so I thought we were good. Ran the new harness feed then started the truck. It ran for about 5 min and I saw the main feed melting down again. Cussing, smoking and beer drinking followed shortly after.

Yeah Im out I will be going to amarillo but just running the DD still can't crawl into the PS with the back but it is getting better.

I hope to make it to the track the following weekend for some testing.

Back