2003 F350 w/ Vp44 and a 47RE.

jgsturbo

caveman
Basically I'm using my 99 2500 24v truck as a donor to go into 03 F350 screw. Need a real crew cab, like the ford body better. We're doing all kinds of tube and bumper work plus some suspension work to make it a good dune truck to recover broken buggies. Also needs to tow a 15k 5th wheel, so its getting a fab d flat bed. Needs to carry a full set of bead lock 35s so its getting a roof rack. Biggest downer is the tree fity is a V10 but plus is it has a nice ZF6 . My VP44 makes over a 1000ft/lb right now and its cool enough to add more fuel towing (big stick cam, SBA) so no leave it manual. Autos make better crawlers for pulling across the dunes.
So considering I have a complete running donor - what kind of bs am I going deal with to keep the 47RE ? I want to transfer the pcm so my EdgeCS/juice will still function. I'll have some concept rendering of the outside shortly.

Lots and lots of tranny coolers if your doing anything in the dunes much less pulling buggies across dunes

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I have 1 big aux cooler right now maybe I'll add another.
I've started work on designing all my additions to the outside of the F350...
512_01.jpg

I have 2 new ventures , powdercoating (20ft oven) and CNC tube bending and cutting so I want a cool demo truck to tow these things around with...
handful58.jpg

handful63.jpg

Current build is twin turbo LS powered.

fummins51221.jpg

fummins51222.jpg

fummins51223.jpg

fummins51224.jpg

fummins51225.jpg

fummins51226.jpg

fummins51227.jpg

fummins51228.jpg

fummins51229.jpg

fummins51230.jpg

Blew my stock output shaft at the track (500+/1000) so we fully stripped my 99. Planning on using the Dodge PCM and all just like it was in the oem truck. Got a new 29-spline output and a matching input for the Ford 271. Hoping Destroked motor mounts are close enough if not custom it is... How much fun will I have making the dodge pcm happy? Anybody know whats required on the truck / cab side? Pretty good with alldata so I know I'll make it work.

Id like to see a side view of the truck with the new bumper. Looks great!

We just rolled it on the lift to yank out the gasser trash and stab in the 24V.
But we're building another non-winch version here real soon.

Attachments

• 30411708_1887004154704863_7288318201459376128_n.jpg
    30411708_1887004154704863_7288318201459376128_n.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 0
Aaaaannnnnd I have a new favorite build.

That suspension setup is pretty sick man.

Aaaaannnnnd I have a new favorite build.

That suspension setup is pretty sick man.

Thanks! lots of work with my new to me Faro G08 CMM arm.
The only trailing 4-link front street truck I've seen.
Its got several names- "the kitchen sink" fits well :lolly:

My 24v is ready to go in.

fummins51231.jpg

fummins51232.jpg

fummins51233.jpg

I decided its time to stop messing with the interior and get to business... 24v swap. Got the super wide v10 out and that heavy awkward ZF6 out as well. We'll see how well the destroked mounts work , they look good!

Awesome work! Did you do the superduty rendering yourself?
I bought a mesh model , I'm no where near that detailed. I wanted to play with the look of the bumper with something that looked like the truck. $75 it was worth it, First one first try, very slight mods.
Now I'm starting to gain some exp with my CMM arm I really know what to do next time.

Been grinding on this pretty steady...
fummins51246.jpg

fummins51247.jpg

fummins51248.jpg

fummins51249.jpg

fummins51250.jpg

Got the F150 floor shift cable adapted to the 47RE (using a 2005 F150 floor shifter & console). Designing my own fan shroud to use the v10 radiator tonight.
Need to weld and bead all the pipes. New manifold is all leak checked. Water heat ex-changer and new 10x18x2.25 (14 pass with internal tube fins) transcooler mounted. Loads of little projects, adapted the dodge hydroboost to the ford firewall and pedal. Just waiting on some adapters to convert the Ford box and Hydrobooster to -6 AN... loads of little steps, need be running in 2 weeks.

Damn that’s a crap ton of awesome in one build. Suspension is definitely the best feature of this rig.

Two weeks to go? Good luck. Why do these kind of projects always come down to the wire?

Holy cow. That dragon does nice work. Do you have the small system or the larger one?
I can imagine that it would be many times faster than a notcher. That square hole would otherwise have to be free handed I guess?

Holy cow. That dragon does nice work. Do you have the small system or the larger one?
I can imagine that it would be many times faster than a notcher. That square hole would otherwise have to be free handed I guess?

I happen to be the designer and builder of the smaller one (A150 series now). Started as a hobby machine to build my sand rails, its grown into a shop , full time staff, and lots of other cool machines.

Back