MMTTPA in mid MO

sledshaker

Wasn't sure where else to post this, but MMTTPA decided to run a 2.6 class this year. I guess they got NADM to co-sponsor their events, which is great cause most people around mid MO can meet their rules. Friday night we get to the track and get slammed with a bunch of rules that are not in NADM's rule book. Examples are a kill switch, helmet, fire suit, and think a fire ext. I printed their rules off on 4-28-2010 and they changed the rules on 4-30-2010, 1 day before the original pull date.Anyway I wanted to let everyone know that if you go to pull with MMTTPA, you're not just running NADM rules, they have their own rules also. Also the guy that was doing the tech was the father of one of the pullers.

Might they be in the general rules? I know that is where alot of the safety rules are.

Kill switch and Fire Ext are pretty common rules in any org. So are loops.

They were in the general rules, but when you run with NADM you are suppose to use their rules, from what I understand. Also when I went to their site I was looking for 2.6 rules, which in my opinion should have every rule that would be associated with that class.

Most pulling orgs have a general truck rules section.

The reason NADM doesn't is because all they pull is trucks!

Most pulling orgs have a general truck rules section.

The reason NADM doesn't is because all they pull is trucks!

You are correct - just trucks and sometimes semis!

They were supposed to adopt our 2.6 rules which I would say they did for the most part! They have had some breakage on the hitches and that is why I'm told that they require the kill switch.

We haven't had that much problem with it so we don't implement kill switches in that class.

My suggestion, put on a kill switch if you want to run with them or don't go to the events to compete.

Being too safe is not a bad thing if you pull all of the time.

So did they let you pull? Ive been hearing some not so good things about them. I had planned on pulling with them this year as they have alot of pulls that are not to far from me.

No, I had to load the truck up and watch. They do have a lot of pulls in mid MO, and thats why we wanted to run with them. I will let people make their own opinions on the organization, just letting everyone know what happened to me.

While it is difficult for us to tell a club they have too much safety, even if it doesn't match our rules, it illustrates quite clearly the problems of not having uniform rules.
We ran into this with a club in the south- they claimed they had more safety rules than us, turns out they wanted everyone to have Nomex underwear, while they had a Cummins engine 40% exposed out of the fiberglass hood to the crowd, twin turbos and all.
They did not become an affiliate.

Mid MO 2.6 rules have been changed and are the same as anywhere else. TS example. The only thing different is you have to have a kill switch fire jacket and helmet

Back